Pioneer Official Statement on Plasma Manufacturing

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Pioneer Corporation has announced that at a meeting of its Board of Directors held today, the Company resolved to restructure its display business and implement measures to enhance corporate values. According to the company, Pioneer will continue to focus on what it does best which includes engineering game-changing plasma technology and producing proprietary components that differentiate Pioneer plasma televisions from the rest of the market. The next generation KURO flat panel televisions will be coming this summer as planned with no disruption in Pioneer production.

Discuss "Pioneer Official Statement on Plasma Manufacturing" here. Read the article.

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
I guess the Plasma is Dead thread jumped the gun a bit soon. With that said, and from what we know Pioneer has already developed (9mm thin plasma's), I don't think Plasma will be taken out of the picture just that quickly. Should be interesting what the next Kuro line will bring to the table, and if they will market it in the same way they've done the current line of Kuro's. I for one would like to see a toned down price tag, but I doubt that will come.

1tribeca

Audioholic
Having said that Thaed...does anyone have an inside scoop (albeit early) on the next, and final generation of KURO panels? Supposed to be out by early summer.

It would be an SOB to go dish for a PRO-110 and find out the next panel is improved and cheaper only a few months later...Doh!

In the meantime, I'm gonna call our Pio rep and try to weasel some info...

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
There are a couple of posts on the AVSForum from people who are or know Pioneer Kuro/Elite dealers. The PRO-111HD might MSRP from $4000-5000. If they keep it on the low side, and cut a slight deal below MSRP (like they usually) do, I'd have to buy. A couple of people think the PDP-5020FD will go for roughly $3500 MSRP. I think lowering the prices during a down economy will help a lot. It'll also make them more competitive with Panasonic where some buyers might be persuaded to pony up the extra dough. When the 8Gs were roughly $1.5-2K more than Panasonics, it was much harder for consumers to justify the costs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis