Dogs Used to Stamp Out DVD Piracy

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to an AP report issued today, Malaysian authorities hope two specially trained dogs will help police sniff out pirated DVDs and clean up the country's tarnished reputation as an abuser of intellectual property rights. Two male Labradors from Northern Ireland, named Paddy and Manny (of course) and trained to smell chemicals used in DVD production, will become the world's first permanent canine national anti-piracy unit when they go into action next month. Since the dogs can't actually distinguish between real and pirated DVDs, what they do is point officers to hidden caches of discs. Let's hope the MPAA doesn't start putting them in shopping malls and airports.

Discuss "Dogs Used to Stamp Out DVD Piracy" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think this is taking it a bit too far.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I think this is taking it a bit too far.
?

You think that a pair of dogs that cost $12,000.00 is over the top...even Draconian perhaps?...for the $1,200,000,000.00 in Asian (over $6,000,000,000.00 worldwide in 2005) DVD piracy? :confused: You think they're: Too expensive? Not worth their while? Not well within their rights? Not me.

Perhaps the MPAA should just ask nicely, and then perhaps the pirates will come out of the woodwork voluntarily. Yeah...that's the ticket. :rolleyes:

Matt34

Matt34

Of course movie pirates reportedly placed a hit out on the last pair of dogs to the tune of $29,000. Let's hope the two new Irish detectives don't suffer the same fate.
Weaksauce, we had a reported quarter million dollar bounty on us.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis