Robots Will Kill Us All

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
OK, this may not be directly related to home theater, but every geek I know has a soft spot for robots. It now seems that the department of paranoia, I mean the Associated Press, is bringing to light the possibility of robot terrorism in the United States and throughout the world. Yes, Isaac Asimov would be proud indeed. The article quoted military experts who seem to believe that it's only a matter of time until terrorists think to use unmanned drones in random attacks against civilian targets (the terrorists just aren't very effective against any military targets it seems).

Discuss "Robots Will Kill Us All" here. Read the article.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I know there is a lot of research into artificial intelligence. This has never seemed like a good idea to me, as we have enough issues with computers that don't think for themselves. It could also become the basis of robots that attack on their own, without any need for terrorists (how's that for paranoia?:D)

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
These sound like Hunter Seeker drones from C&C: Tiberian Sun.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
AI breaks down into two schools of thoughts. One school believes in programming. In other words, using massive algorithms to account for everything. The other school believes in modeling AI after the human brain by use of neural networks. Both of these have advantages and disadvantages, but one by itself is insufficient. Bridge these two and you have something to worry about :) If you think about it, biological lifeforms have the same arrangement by use of DNA, neural networks, etc... As for creating AI's being dangerous; the real trick to ensuring AI doesn't take over at some point in the future is to arrange it that the AI is unable to maintain or reproduce itself.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Both schools of thought have one common problem, human error.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Both schools of thought have one common problem, human error.
Isn't that the truth... What was the Borg queen said to Data? "You're an imperfect being built by an imperfect being."

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Ultimately, a dumb article.

Any weapon in existence may, at some point, be used by terrorists. We know that. So, essentially the same article can be written any time any weapon is manufactured. Not really news.

Given this, however, I did see elsewhere a good suggestion for dealing with future threats from Islamic terrorists: make sure all future weapons that we develop are made from pork.. That's good thinkin'.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ultimately, a dumb article.

Any weapon in existence may, at some point, be used by terrorists. We know that. So, essentially the same article can be written any time any weapon is manufactured. Not really news.

Given this, however, I did see elsewhere a good suggestion for dealing with future threats from Islamic terrorists: make sure all future weapons that we develop are made from pork.. That's good thinkin'.
Pork Bomb, guaranteed to keep islamic terrorist at bay.

MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
zimbo/stratman

Brillant ideas on pork the use of pork weaons against jihadists.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis