Global LCD and Plasma Sales to Double by 2012

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Association (JEITA), a Japanese industry group that tracks these things, flat panel television sales (both LCD and plasma) are expected to more than double to 180 million units by 2012. Largely this is being driven by a growing Chinese economy and of course the ever-increasing purchasing trends of the United States. Japan is no slouch either, but in terms of volume the big players seem to be making an impressive dent.

Discuss "Global LCD and Plasma Sales to Double by 2012" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
well duh!!! that is about the only type of displays made now

You mean China? Good point as I have no idea what the infrastructure there is for HD broadcasting. I doubt their communist government allows much real programming through state television - at least not for the "regular" folk. I'm sure the corrupt leaders can watch watever they want via satellite.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
As long as plasmas continue to be built, that's what I'll buy. I've yet to see an LCD that gets black as accurate as a plasma, and if you figure in today's new crop like the Kuros and the new Pannys, forget it, LCD still has some catching up to do. Interesting about China and HD, I figure the people buying flat panels over there have a means to get better signal (HD) than the country dweller.

1tribeca

Audioholic
Agree with Strat...I was at BB last night just lurking around looking at panels...again! I'd never buy there of course, they don't carry Elite (Canada BB) but all the same, I can't get my head around buying an LCD TV. Too bright...artificially bright, but cloudy looking at the same time...weird, lousy blacks etc. etc. This includes the XBR4 which is prolly the best of the lot...not my thing man! Plasma looks more like "traditional" TV to me. I don't relish watching Planet Earth on Blu-ray through a giant computer monitor!!

Ambient lighting concerns? Buy drapes!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis