Use Your Shirt to Charge Your iPod?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
iPod or cell phone running low on juice? What if you could plug it into your shirt to recharge the batteries! According to a report on Reuters, scientists at the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a technology to allow a microfiber fabric to generate electricity. Enough to power a cell phone or MP3 player in fact. The act of walking or standing in a breeze would be enough to generate 80mW per square meter. Obviously, those of you with, um, larger builds will get more use out of this than the rest of us.

Discuss "Use Your Shirt to Charge Your iPod?" here. Read the article.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I saw something on this a while back and I was intrigued, but a bit skeptical too. Sounds like it may indeed come to fruition though, if they can figure out a way to overcome the hurdles (can't wash the shirt?) If they do, plug me in! :D

No doubt - this sounds like an awesome technology. Being so awesome, however, it will likely never come to pass, lol.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
There are bags that already exist that use solar power to do the same thing. A former business school professor of mine is on the Advisory Board of a company called Noon Solar which makes designer style satchels and totes that contain a solar panel which allows a user to charge a cell phone or an iPod. Last time I spoke with her they were working on laptop functionality as well.

www.noonsolar.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis