Michael Bay wins the Format War

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Thank you Michael Bay for providing me with an endless source of of podcasting and editorial material. Apparently Mr. Bay is taking credit (at least in part) for the imminent demise of HD DVD. While Mr. Bay has been a vocal (if technically clueless) supporter of Blu-ray, I seriously doubt that his threat of withholding Transformers 2 was the deciding factor in the high def war.

Discuss "Michael Bay wins the Format War" here. Read the article.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Typical Hollywood ego-centric wiener dip. I didn't like Transformers.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Putz. Egomaniacal putz.

"I told everyone." He didn't tell me. Putz.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
There was something redeeming after all, but that's it.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Haha this is a hillarious editorial. BTW, I have the Transformers HD DVD and I think the audio fidelity sucks on it. Way too much compression. I should have saved $10 and got it on SD, especially since it wasn't a movie I plan to watch regularly.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
Haha this is a hillarious editorial. BTW, I have the Transformers HD DVD and I think the audio fidelity sucks on it. Way too much compression. I should have saved $10 and got it on SD, especially since it wasn't a movie I plan to watch regularly.
Really? Lots of reviews claimed it was reference audio material, albeit the fact that it was encoded in Dolby Digital Plus.

I also laughed out loud after reading this op. ed. piece. I loved that bit where it was mentioned that the Armageddon masters burned in a fire. :D

S

sokrman14

Audioholic
I actually dont see him claiming to be the reason the format war was won by bluray. I don't even see how someone can interpret that from his quotes either. And you can't say that ever person who is a bluray fanboy understands all of the technical mumbo jumbo that goes along with this crap either. He is a director, not an engineer. He did say that he was vocal about it though, which he was. I am sure the audio on the bluray version when paramount switches back over I am sure will be much better (hopefully uncompressed considering there should be an extra 20 gb to work with).

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
dip&hit was the reason I have HD DVD in the first place.

transformers is a freakin expensive movie to watch!! bought an entire player to watch ONE movie.

if he really knew ... he should have really fought for BD in the first place. he's the reason the war extended this far.

I actually dont see him claiming to be the reason the format war was won by bluray. I don't even see how someone can interpret that from his quotes either. And you can't say that ever person who is a bluray fanboy understands all of the technical mumbo jumbo that goes along with this crap either. He is a director, not an engineer. He did say that he was vocal about it though, which he was. I am sure the audio on the bluray version when paramount switches back over I am sure will be much better (hopefully uncompressed considering there should be an extra 20 gb to work with).
Shut up, Bay, who invited you here anyway?

(just kidding, couldn't resist)

J

JackT

Audioholic
I actually dont see him claiming to be the reason the format war was won by bluray. I don't even see how someone can interpret that from his quotes either. And you can't say that ever person who is a bluray fanboy understands all of the technical mumbo jumbo that goes along with this crap either. He is a director, not an engineer. He did say that he was vocal about it though, which he was.
Completely agree. I had trouble figuring out what the POINT of this article was supposed to be.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Really? I thought the audio sounded just as crappy as it did in the theater. Loud and stupid.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis