AVRant #40: Presents, MPAA, and Receivers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Clint DeBoer (Editor-in-Chief of Audioholics) is filling in for Dina this week. Clint and Tom run through a short list of possible Valentine's gifts for your favorite geek. What have we noticed about questions about, "My friend thinks… but I think…"? Your "friend: is most likely wrong. If a 720p native projector accepts a 1080p signal, are you getting a 1080p picture? What is DisplayPort? Tom and Clint fill you in. Are we going to offer two AVRants in the near future? Yes… maybe! Look for one on every Tuesday Tom can get either Clint or J to sit down with him. Listen in for all this and more!

Discuss "AVRant #40: Presents, MPAA, and Receivers" here. Listen to the Podcast.

Visit AVRant

Help AVRant grow - DON'T forget to vote for us on podcastalley.com!

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Nice podcast guys. And not to take anything away from you Clint...but you're no Dina!

I really don't get your push of the ysp. I've admittedly never heard it, so take this with a grain of salt. But c'mon. How can the soundstage from one source ever approach that of a perfectly set up 7.1 system? Really.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I fell asleep during this podcast. It's not because it was boring, but it was 2:00 a.m. and it's easy to fall asleep when you are lying down.:D I will have to re-listen to it.

How can the soundstage from one source ever approach that of a perfectly set up 7.1 system? Really.
It's different is all. There's something to be said for not being able to identify speakers in the surround field. After all, that's what di-poles are for - a diffused sound. With the YSP (in a proper setup) it's actually a neat bubble of audio that truly immerses. Particularly for film this is a cool, non-gimmicky effect. If you get the chance to check one out go for it - hopefully they'll have it set up correctly.

I fell asleep during this podcast. It's not because it was boring, but it was 2:00 a.m. and it's easy to fall asleep when you are lying down.:D I will have to re-listen to it.
There you go - as good of an endorsement as I can think of. AV Rant for President!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis