AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Some things are worth the wait, and if you're a fan of AV123 you've been waiting for the MFW-15 for a very long time. Well, the MFW-15 has finally been released and AV123 couldn't be prouder. The ~100 pound MFW-15 subwoofer, starting at $599 each, features a 25mm front baffle and plenty of bracing along with a custom designed 15” driver, 350 watt high efficiency design amplifier with separate control panel for Level, Phase and Low Pass Frequency at the top back of the cabinet and an internally folded slot port. The subwoofer is offered in beautiful Rosewood, Cherry, Black and the unique Moho.

Discuss "AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer" here. Read the article.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
This might very well be the value king of ID sub. The Epik Valor sells for a little less, but does not look as nice.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one is going to do very well...I hope they can keep up with the demand.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I can't wait to read the reviews on this. Looks like it could be a top contender among subs of this price bracket.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I can't wait for Credible 3rd party measurements.

SheepStar
They are claiming 15-19 Hz output in-room response with this thing (if I remember the article correctly now). That's pretty dang low. I'd like to see the actual stats myself, too.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
They are claiming 15-19 Hz output in-room response with this thing (if I remember the article correctly now). That's pretty dang low. I'd like to see the actual stats myself, too.
Yeah. If it can do that this we be the bargain subwoofer of the year!

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There already is a review of this sub by Craigsub I believe. Got high marks.

BobMac

BobMac

Enthusiast
Greatness

That wood looks great, and it supposedly sounds great too...all for a great price. One of those subs with five matching satellites would be a great combo.

Where's my thesaurus? :rolleyes:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dang, that's about the price I paid for the Klipsh sub12 that I owned for 2 days and I have a feeling I would keep it longer...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, but at least you got a good deal on the Servo15 :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the wood finish on these things are probably worth the price ... if only I can find a matching color.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't actually see your review of it, if you have posted it Craig, I heard from someone else. Would you have any info you'd like to share on this guy? (summary?) I'm real curious to hear this sub. Mr Sheep there sure is a character alright...but he's a good guy :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah Craig...inquiring minds want to know.

Specifically, I'd like to know does it actually hit 15 Hz, and is it fairly accurate? If you've posted the graphs somewhere, as J asked, a link would be nice. Although, I'm pretty tired right now, so just the two answers would work for me. And like he wrote, Sheep ain't so bad. :) Thanks

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike - Don't you have some eD subs coming in ?
yup! and dual PB13 Ultras too :)

i still have some space ... 7.7 sounds nice :) kidding!

but it looks like I need to go satin black with these guys if I do jump in ...
but I will be waiting for the gloss finishes on their center channel.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
One of my favorite torture tests is the WOTW Pods emerge scene. Here is a comparison of a single MFW-15, Dual MFW-15's and a single PB-13 Ultra.

Note what the Ultra is doing in the 13-17 Hz range. For a single, 13.5 inch driver, this guy is incredible.

Also ... what makes this scene so interesting is that rather than a simple sine wave, the sub is being asked to deliver multiple frequencies simultaneously.

This was done using the Peak Hold function, and gives an idea of max SPL across a wide frequency range.

This was taken at the listening position - about 13 feet away, in our upstairs theater room. Both subs are put in the same position, and of course, both will realize the same room gain from that position.

The Ultra:

Single MFW-15:

Dual MFW-15's:

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
I've been looking at this sub for a while. I hope AV123 doesn't raise their prices until I visit the States in a few months. I want one. They could raise it $100 and still have people waiting to buy them I think.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis