Super Bowl XLII to Broadcast with Neural THX Surround

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Neural Audio Corp., THX Ltd. and the NFL have teamed to deliver the HD international broadcast of Super Bowl XLII in Neural-THX Surround. The Neural-THX Surround technology will enable international TV viewers to experience the game in 5.1 surround sound for the first time ever. For the Super Bowl, the technology will let the NFL’s on-site broadcast teams produce the game in 5.1 surround sound then transmit the sound mix in a stereo format to audiences around the globe. Television viewers can then decode the 5.1 mix using any AV receiver featuring Neural-THX Surround.

Discuss "Super Bowl XLII to Broadcast with Neural THX Surround" here. Read the article.

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
Very stoked about this, I'm finally going to put the Neural THX on my Pioneer to its intended use.

Especially with how football is filmed these days, with the cameras on the zipline right in the middle of the action, I believe you'll really get a feeling of sitting on the field in their midst while the action is going on.

Too bad I'll be drinking the whiskey, and having the boys over. I'm going to guess that most of us planning to watch the Superbowl wont really get the full benefit of the surround sound simply because of the background party.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Very stoked about this, I'm finally going to put the Neural THX on my Pioneer to its intended use.

Especially with how football is filmed these days, with the cameras on the zipline right in the middle of the action, I believe you'll really get a feeling of sitting on the field in their midst while the action is going on.
Kudos to NFL and THX for thinking about the internation audioholics out there! Oh...Go Pats :D

B

brulaha

Audioholic
I very un-stoked about this. They normally broadcast games in 5.1 DD in my area. I hope the superbowl will be in 5.1 as well.

M

mark4mich

Audioholic Intern
So what's the best way to listen to the broadcast? Just set my receiver to auto and have it decode to Dolby Digital 5.1 or set my reciever to neural surround? My audio comes in from my DirectTV HD-DVR to my Yamaha RXV2700 via optical cable

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure I will end up getting the game in standard DD 5.1 but if for some crazy reason it's only in stereo, at least I know I can fall back on Neural THX since my receiver supports it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
So what's the best way to listen to the broadcast? Just set my receiver to auto and have it decode to Dolby Digital 5.1 or set my reciever to neural surround? My audio comes in from my DirectTV HD-DVR to my Yamaha RXV2700 via optical cable
Standard DD 5.1 is what you will want. It's what they will be broadcasting, no need to alter the audio if you don't have to.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis