Record Companies Cave - Download MP3s Legally FREE with Qtrax

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
After years of consumer-targeting lawsuits and a constant decline in the levels of CD sales, the music industry has switched tactics and decided that all music downloads should be FREE and LEGAL. This is not a joke. Qtrax has raised $30 million to set up the online music service. What sets Qtrax apart is that it claims to be fully sanctioned by the major record labels and works without membership or fees.

Discuss "Download MP3s Legally FREE Qtrax" here. Read the article.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I wonder how Apple and iTunes will counter this? They will have to pay people to download music I guess :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Unbelievable. If this actually pans out, it will put the RIAA out of business. Oh No! :eek::D

Truly unbelievable. The next natural course would be movies, would it not? Times are a changin'! :)

bigbangtheory

Audioholic
HOLY CRAP!!

I mean, HOLY CRAP!

First The Eagles release a double-cd exclusively with Walmart. Now this!!??

As I have said before, this is clearly the beginning of the end. Party at my place!

I will definitely be dl'ing the beta tonight to see if this is too good to be true.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
id imagine that the downloads will be in a very low quality, and if you want better youl'll still have to pay, there will always be price. Most artist know that the money to be made is from concert sales not albums, we will see how this goes.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
id imagine that the downloads will be in a very low quality, and if you want better youl'll still have to pay, there will always be price. Most artist know that the money to be made is from concert sales not albums, we will see how this goes.
Well you just sucked all the fun out of it bandphan, didn't you? :) Let it ride, and let us see what this venture may bring. It could be very good for us all. Free flowing (downloadable) music...I like that. :)

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Well you just sucked all the fun out of it bandphan, didn't you? :) Let it ride, and let us see what this venture may bring. It could be very good for us all. Free flowing (downloadable) music...I like that. :)
etree.org, bt.etree.org> bands that allow tapping, some of which is SBD, thats my main music source. I thought my tapping rig was sweet till some 20 year old kid sets up next to me with his 12k neumann mike, 5k da, and a mac book pro and 1k pc card with full breakaway. damm i was humbled quick:eek:

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hmmm. Interesting, but compatibility may be an issue.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Perhaps they thought launching would speed up the decision making at the record companies. I'm sorry, but it takes a genuine idiot to launch his business before he can deliver the product or service.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Is it April 1??? ...

Honestly I'll believe free, legal downloadds without fees when I see it up and working AND when the big players say that they have legal agreements to allow the service to operate.

N

nick51

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Reserved judgement

It's easy to post releases... let's all try it and see what happens.. good files? lots of files? or is this like some of the other sites like the German site, begins with "d" can't remember name right now but you can listen upload and set play lists but not download.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis