CES 2008 - A Floor-Level Perspective

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Every year I strive to give you my perspective of what CES was like. Sometimes I have the time to write up a daily report, others, it is just a summary at the end. This year it will be the latter. There is a lot to consider when trying to sum up an event as massive as CES. We look for those diamonds in the rough that the big news will miss mostly because they don't understand this industry the way we do. Without further ado, let's move on to some the high (and low) lights of the show.

Discuss "CES 2008 - A Floor-Level Perspective" here. Read the article.

bigbangtheory

Audioholic
Tom's got my vote in 2008! You and other AH staff do a GREAT job of covering the jungles that are CEDIA and CES. You need a raise, immediately if not sooner. ;)

I am not a press person (but somewhat of a person in the know, since I get some knowledge from the "internets" and from some good folks here in DFW). It always boggles my mind to see big manufacturers showing off shiny objects that we know probably don't stand a chance to make it to market, or will be obscenely over-priced and will disappear shortly after their ill fated arrival. Even if these companies know they will lose money developing said products, I guess in the long run they can afford these losses if it plants the idea in our brains that their name is associated with cutting edge shiny object making.

It definitely keeps me watching albeit my wallet stays put.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis