Toshiba Set to Use Sharp LCD Panels in Its Televisions

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
You know LCD television production is getting to be a tough business model when you see two rival Japanese companies coming together out of nowhere to share technologies. On Friday, December 21, 2007 Toshiba announced they will be purchasing their LCD panels from Sharp. As part of an alliance that has many in this business stepping back and waiting for frogs to start hailing down from above, Sharp will reciprocate by purchasing more computer chips for use in LCDs from Toshiba.

Discuss "Toshiba Set to Use Sharp LCD Panels in Its Televisions" here. Read the article.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
That is interesting news. To go a little off topic, I must be living under a rock. Why on earth would Panasonic switch to LCD from Plasma? They do so well at plasma and I have yet to see any LCD that matches, much less surpasses the picture quality of a plasma.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
That is interesting news. To go a little off topic, I must be living under a rock. Why on earth would Panasonic switch to LCD from Plasma? They do so well at plasma and I have yet to see any LCD that matches, much less surpasses the picture quality of a plasma.
When did Panasonic switch from Plasma to LCD? Last I heard they were supporting Plasma in full force.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Panasonic has to hedge their bets. They got out of the rear projection market. The average consumer prefers the washed out, overly bright inaccurate colors that pop from a LCD in tourch mode to the natural more realistic colors of a plasma. :rolleyes:

When Pioneer starts plugging LCD you'll know it's about over. There's a good bit of time until that happens. Eventually, however I dn't see plasma hanging on forever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis