Wal-Mart and Target Debut Venturer HD DVD Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Looking for a new HD DVD player this Christmas? Remember the rumor of the cheap Chinese made player that would be coming out? Well, it's time to stop by your local Wal-Mart or Target and check out the Venturer SHD7000. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first non-Toshiba manufactured consumer level HD DVD player. It is very similar in function to the Toshiba HD-A3. It has support for 720p and 1080i output, as well as Dolby TrueHD decoding through the HDMI port. The retail price of $199.99 should make this very attractive to consumers looking for that HD image without the high price tag.

Discuss "Wal-Mart and Target Debut Venturer HD DVD Player" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wasn't the A3 going for around $199 with ~10 free movies last week? I wonder if this is going to come with any free movies.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Wasn't the A3 going for around $199 with ~10 free movies last week? I wonder if this is going to come with any free movies.
My dad picked an A3 up on Amazon.com for $160 with 10 free movies he just has to wait a couple weeks to receive it since they were so back-ordered.

I think the big deal with these players is that their retail is $199 so the street price will likely his $100-$150 and not just during big sales like we had last week.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My dad picked an A3 up on Amazon.com for $160 with 10 free movies...
Good for him! When I tried that, my cart rang up at $199 (the player was at $160 and still in stock, but the discount on the three movies got reduced so that the total was still $199). At $160, I would have bitten...but not at $199.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Looks like it's $199 at Wal-mart but $249 at Target. I know gas is expensive but I think I'd drive across the street for $50.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like it's $199 at Wal-mart but $249 at Target. I know gas is expensive but I think I'd drive across the street for $50.
Target is overpriced with most items, even if their competitors have them for less.:rolleyes: I will say that the new Target stores are cleaner, but they still suffer from aisle congestion (their store layouts aren't as well executed as Wal-Mart's IMO). They probably are cleaner because less people shop at their stores.:D

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I love Target and I'd prefer to shop there rather than Wal-Mart, but did you know that Target does not match prices? I took a competitors ad to Target for a DVD ror CD or something that was on sale and flat out told me that Target does not price match. Is that even a smart decision in this day and age?

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Man you guys keep fightin' over the A3 being at 160 or 199. Here it's ON SALE at 299, usually 350!!!!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I will say that the new Target stores are cleaner, but they still suffer from aisle congestion (their store layouts aren't as well executed as Wal-Mart's IMO).
Not around here. You can barely get a cart down an aisle in Wal-mart and the most people I've ever had in front of me (even during peak hours) at Target was 1. Couldn't drag me into Wal-mart.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Man you guys keep fightin' over the A3 being at 160 or 199. Here it's ON SALE at 299, usually 350!!!!
That is unreal especially since your dollar is equal now or may be even worth more:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis