Yamaha NS-SP7800PN First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
While your budding audiophile may be worried about performance to the exclusion of everything else, many others have other concerns. Aesthetics is probably one of the bigger concerns with first adopters. When you are as worried about aesthetics as sound, Yamaha's NS-SP7800PN may fit the bill nicely for you. You'll get decent sound with surprising bass, a fantastic looking set of speakers that won't detract from your décor (it may even add to it), and it doesn't break the bank while doing so.

Discuss "Yamaha NS-SP7800PN" here. Read the article.

A

admbe

Audioholic Intern
While your budding audiophile may be worried about performance to the exclusion of everything else, many others have other concerns. Aesthetics is probably one of the bigger concerns with first adopters. When you are as worried about aesthetics as sound, Yamaha's NS-SP7800PN may fit the bill nicely for you. You'll get decent sound with surprising bass, a fantastic looking set of speakers that won't detract from your décor (it may even add to it), and it doesn't break the bank while doing so.

Discuss "Yamaha NS-SP7800PN" here. Read the article.

Did not see too many comments on this review anywhere. The price has come down, I wanted to know what you guys think how it would pear up with a Sony STR-DG810 6.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver

Thanks

A

admbe

Audioholic Intern
Did not see too many comments on this review anywhere. The price has come down, I wanted to know what you guys think how it would pear up with a Sony STR-DG810 6.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver

Thanks
OK, well, I went ahead and purchased these speakers. I like them a lot, but the sub is not that great. Highs are crisp, and the bass is good at average volume... But if you want to crank it, the bass starts flapping and sounding like crap...

I wish I knew more about audio to give you a better review! For a novice like myself, who lives in an apartment, these will be a good purchase.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
The speaker cones are kind of on the small side, you'll be missing out on some of the upper bass frequencies. And the sub, I think it's only a 6.5inch, good enough for mid bass frequencies, but definitely not up to the job when it comes to real bass frequencies. A small satellite/sub combo like this usually end up with a sizable frequency gap in the upper bass frequencies, because the satellites cannot play low enough, and the subwoofer cannot play high enough.

But for movies, and non critical listening, this should be okay, you don't usually notice the gap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis