Epson's D7 Panels with C2 Fine Technology

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Epson has developed a new type of high-temperature polysilicon TFT liquid crystal (HTPS) panel that will further enhance the performance of 3LCD-type front projectors. The new 0.7-inch (1.9 cm diagonal) HTPS panels, which conform to newly developed design rules, use a technology which boosts aperture ratios by 20% compared with the previous model. By enhancing aperture ratios, this technology improves luminance while using the same lamp as previous models. It also enables the use of a lower-watt lamp to achieve the same levels of luminance.

Discuss "Epson's D7 Panels with C2 Fine Technology" here. Read the article.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Does anyone know of a good list of projectors that are using the new D7 panel? Maybe something with current and upcoming units?

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
They recently released a couple of 1080p LCD projectors that by all accounts are the new standard at that price point, although I can't tell if they have the new technology.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
Epson 1080UB
Sanyo Z2000
Panasonic PT-AE200U

I think that's it for the new line up. I know that the new Mits. 6000 does NOT use the new D7 panels. If I forgot anything or misquoted a model feel free to kick in here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis