Axiom Audio EP400 Subwoofer

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At the Audioholics 9th Annual State of the CE Union Event, Axiom Audio introduced and demoed their newest member of the DSP subwoofer family. The compact high performance EP400 subwoofer delivers bass extension as deep as 17 Hz in smaller rooms such as dens or bedrooms, using a much smaller enclosure than a conventional subwoofer. Axiom proved in their demonstration at our 9th Annual State of the CE Union Show that this little sub can certainly hit the low notes with aplomb.

Discuss "Axiom Audio EP400 Subwoofer" here. Read the article.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The custom finish in the picture looks awesome.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
To put a little perspective on this, the four custom finish EP-400's in the demo would cost the consumer at least $5,600. They better be able to fill a 400ft^2 room for that kind of coin. I would like to have heard just one or two of the subs to get a better idea of what they are capable of in a more typical set-up.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
remember during the EP400 release, it had a port in the upper right corner ... did it suddenly become sealed?

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I took home the EP400 that was sold in the charity auction, surprisingly it was one of the subs used at the show and not a normal black vinyl one.

The sub isn't going to be taking over LFE duty from my SVS Ultras, but I did graph it in REW and it is solid all the way down to ~19Hz, dropping off like a cliff below that. The woofer will really move if cranked up, especially since I needed to set the room trim to Full to help balance the upper bass frequencies.

At first glace it's easy to say "oh it's so cute" but when you go to pick it up you realize it's not your typical 8" subwoofer.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
To put a little perspective on this, the four custom finish EP-400's in the demo would cost the consumer at least $5,600.
Yup! And I don't think its worth the money. Rather get 2 Ultra-13's. Oh! that thought just sent a shiver up my spine. I'm such an AH. :D
I did graph it in REW and it is solid all the way down to ~19Hz, dropping off like a cliff below that.
There must be a high pass.

Kolia

Kolia

Full Audioholic
I took home the EP400 that was sold in the charity auction, surprisingly it was one of the subs used at the show and not a normal black vinyl one.

The sub isn't going to be taking over LFE duty from my SVS Ultras, but I did graph it in REW and it is solid all the way down to ~19Hz, dropping off like a cliff below that. The woofer will really move if cranked up, especially since I needed to set the room trim to Full to help balance the upper bass frequencies.

At first glace it's easy to say "oh it's so cute" but when you go to pick it up you realize it's not your typical 8" subwoofer.
Aaaah, am I the only one to be a bit worried seeing a sub sharing a shelf with a lamp amplifier?

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
When the tube amp is in use that subwoofer is not active.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis