Axiom Audio W3 Speakers Installation Video

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Gene DellaSala and Axiom Audio Resident Expert Alan Lofft install their new hybrid Inwall/Onwall W3 speakers into a wall and show how easy it is to accomplish this type of project in your own home. This instructional video takes you through the process, documenting the step by step procedure and the proper tools to get the job done.

Discuss "Axiom Audio W3 Speakers Installation Video" here. Read the article.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Gene,
Interesting, sort of like a large mud plate, yet for speakers. Just curious what you did to cover up the small holes you had the speaker cable coming through initially. Noticed they were covered with something just above the speaker, but couldn't tell what you did there.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It looks like just blank, painted wall plates. Is there a reason for this or could you just put the speaker wire through the cut out?

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
That looks like a pretty cool speaker, btw. I like the way it locks into the plasterboard. Btw, when I put some inwall speakers in my house, I used a Rotozip tool to cut the hole. It's like a super fast drill with a side cutting bit. You can set the depth to just slightly deeper than the drywall, then carve out your hole along the lines you have drawn. Only, the thing is very loud and it spins so fast it's kind of scary... *grin* Anyway, those axiom speakers will be on my short list next time I help someone with an in-wall install. Later...

annunaki

annunaki

I think that the wire was originally pulled through the drywall a bit too high. The plate was painted and covered the hole left originally.

Is that correct Gene?

Since it was only about 4"-6" of difference, why did not you just put the top of the template up to the top of the hole made by the wire. You could then have avoided that unsightly cover. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think that the wire was originally pulled through the drywall a bit too high. The plate was painted and covered the hole left originally.

Is that correct Gene?
The wires were run a bit too high. I didn't want to mount the speakers any higher so that is why I left the hole. The video was shot in one day and I didn't have time to replaster and repaint the wall. It has since then been completely repaired and looks great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis