CEDIA - Got My NERDAR Engaged

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
After CEDIA, my NERDAR needs new batteries. It wasn’t like I didn’t expect it. I went to CEDIA knowing full well what I was in for. First of all, I was outnumbered by men THOUSANDS to one. I was also outnumbered by nerds/geeks TENS OF THOUSANDS to one. I had set my NERDAR sensitivity to low so that it would only go off in the case of an extreme nerd incident. Otherwise, it would have beeped from the time I landed in Denver until I left.

Discuss "CEDIA - Got My NERDAR Engaged" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like you had a blast... I wish I could have been there for the festivities.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I would definitely expect geeks to outnumber nerds at these type of events. Of course CES may be more balanced.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
No doubt, CES has more actual NERDS... Not to mention lots of other...well...people...

majorloser

majorloser

LMAO!!!!!

Can't say you weren't warned. Welcome to the Dark Side.
Next time I'll send my wife along to keep you company.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The person working the breakfast area at our hotel must have had a PHD in nerdology.

His famous quote of the day while I was pouring myself a bowl of apple oatmeal:

you know what they say, a bowl of apple oatmeal a day keeps the apple oatmeal doctor away....
After hearing that, I felt like I was pretty cool :D

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
now THAT is funny!!! You didn't tell us, Gene!! That rocks. That guy was classic.... Dina & I overheard someone tell him to have a good day and he said, "I'm gonna have the best day EVER!"

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Girls Allowed

You're right Dina. Girls are a strange thing at CEDIA and CES; unless they are working the reception booth or are dressed up as butterflies!

Welcome to the Audioholics "Oil Machine" Group, since we are the only two girls that got to experience it so far!! You won't be alone for long.

TICA :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The person working the breakfast area at our hotel must have had a PHD in nerdology.
That was a funny quote of his! Reminds me of college. I was a resident advisor one year, and I had to pass out keys the first day that the dorms opened. Of course, all of us guys were waiting to see if we had any cute girls on our floors (and vice versa for the girl RAs, I'm sure). This one nerdy looking kid showed up and walked up to me. Turns out, he was on my floor (the third floor). I handed him his room key, he looked down at it, chuckled and said, "Heh, heh. 386. Same number as my processor." He then kinda shuffled away. I was no prize, but I (like Gene at the breakfast area) felt awfully cool in that moment.

Lucas is a putz - there was no reason for Padme to die - she gave out on her two kids and as a result it was the stupidest scene/storyline in the history of science fiction...

Oh crap, I need to get over this... lol.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Lucas is a putz - there was no reason for Padme to die - she gave out on her two kids and as a result it was the stupidest scene/storyline in the history of science fiction...

Maybe he just wanted to explain what happened to her since she never shows up in the original star wars movies... but I guess he didn't have to kill her off.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe he just wanted to explain what happened to her since she never shows up in the original star wars movies... but I guess he didn't have to kill her off.
I thought that it was mentioned in the original movie that his mother had died. It's been a while since I've seen it, though.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You could be right... I haven't seen the originals in so long I forget, but I don't recall any mention of her dying. I guess now I have another reason to go back and watch them again. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Get over the fact that Sidious caused her death by changing the balance of the force towards his favor just like his master did when he created Anakin. I know I am likely giving Lucas too much credit for this type of plot depth but its the only way of logically explaining it opposed to the stupid robot explaination that she died of a broken heart.:D

majorloser

majorloser

You could be right... I haven't seen the originals in so long I forget, but I don't recall any mention of her dying. I guess now I have another reason to go back and watch them again. :)
Yes, they did mention his mother died when he was born in the first one with his uncle. But Obi also said his father died.

Hell, I wanted to kill her off. Or at least turn her to the Dark Side :rolleyes:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I stand corrected.

But obi didnt' know anakin had survived, so naturally that's what he told him. I don't know why he didn't finish him off when he had the chance.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
This might explain things....

Here is proof that Dina has something invested in this conversation:

Paddina.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis