Sony Rootkit Strikes Again... And Again

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It was reported on Reuters that high-end memory sticks sold by Sony Corp can make personal computers vulnerable to attack by computer hackers, according to researchers with two Internet security firms. It's the attack of the Sony rootkit... part two... or is it part 3? Sony's MicroVault USB memory stick and fingerprint reader comes with rootkit software that creates a hidden directory on the computer's hard drive. This was discovered by researchers with F-Secure Corp, the Finnish security software maker who also discovered the 2005 DRM-centric rootkit.

Discuss "Sony Rootkit Strikes Again... And Again" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yet another reason why I can't stand Sony and refuse to buy their products... and another reason I hope HD-DVD wins.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I don't think it's really a root kit but could be a root kit enabler. I guess that doesn't make a poignant headline, though.

Jim

N

naisphoo

Banned
I don't think it's really a root kit but could be a root kit enabler. I guess that doesn't make a poignant headline, though.

Jim
Sony this and that....this site is so anti-Sony. But yet we never heard of the red ring of death and the 33% failure rate for the xbox 360...or the crappy, full of bugs Vista.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
I hate Sony because of the first time, thanks for the additional ammo.

There was also a nice article I saw today about how their proprietary digital music program has officially flopped (it really flopped at the starting gate, they have just finally admitted it).

Pat

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It was reported on Reuters that high-end memory sticks sold by Sony Corp can make personal computers vulnerable to attack by computer hackers, according to researchers with two Internet security firms. It's the attack of the Sony rootkit... part two... or is it part 3? Sony's MicroVault USB memory stick and fingerprint reader comes with rootkit software that creates a hidden directory on the computer's hard drive. This was discovered by researchers with F-Secure Corp, the Finnish security software maker who also discovered the 2005 DRM-centric rootkit.

Discuss "Sony Rootkit Strikes Again... And Again" here. Read the article.

And we want the Blu-Ray to be the high def DVD format???:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yet another reason why I can't stand Sony and refuse to buy their products... and another reason I hope HD-DVD wins.
Hope you are not a BR fan :D What are they hiding in that?:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis