CableLabs Approves CableTV Streaming

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Streaming CableTV content via your home network may finally be within the grasp of consumers. CableLabs and the Digital Transmission Licensing Administrator (DTLA), LLC, announced today CableLabs' approval of the DTCP-IP technology for protection of cable content using Internet Protocol for unidirectional and bidirectional digital cable products. That's fancy talk for: "You can now stream CableTV over a network in your home, but you're going to have plenty of DRM to make sure it's not copied in the process."

Discuss "CableLabs Approves CableTV Streaming" here. Read the article.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Clint, I might be wrong on this, but it sounds to me like the rush to control how the consumer uses media is on. VOD is a double edged sword, you'll never own the material, they'll DRM it to death, that really is the death of high def video formats (blu-ray, HD DVD) you'll pay everytime you want to see a movie, so if they stop manufacturing dvds in the future as the industry moves in for total control guess who's going to get the shaft? I'm a big proponent of the software and content control staying on the consumer side.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis