Sony Battery Woes Continue

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Fallout from faulty batteries manufactured by Sony continues to plague the laptop industry. Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. recently has announced its second battery recall within a month’s time. Nearly a year after the first round of mass recalls, Toshiba has issued two additional recalls of batteries made by Sony subsidiary, Sony Energy Devices Corp. The first recall issued July 19 affects about 10,000 batteries, and as of August 19, Toshiba is recalling an additional 1400 batteries. Models listed in the recall notices are from the Tecra and Satellite product lines.

Discuss "Sony Battery Woes Continue" here. Read the article.

N

naisphoo

Banned
I don't know man, this site is so anti-Sony. i don't see a thread about M$ and their X360 problem with their 33% failure rate...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know man, this site is so anti-Sony. i don't see a thread about M$ and their X360 problem with their 33% failure rate...
I have seen a few threads about the 360 failure on this site, but I have yet to see a PS3 failure thread, odd isn't it?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I have seen a few threads about the 360 failure on this site, but I have yet to see a PS3 failure thread, odd isn't it?
I would think that if PS3 had a 10% failure rate we might see an entire article about it. But, not about the X360 obviously because this is an A/V site and they tend to stick strctly to A/V information.

Doh!

I do think this is really silly. I personally had a Dell that had one of the recall batteries. It was freakin' awesome. I had the Dell for about 2 or 3 years, then the recall hit, and they sent me a brand new battery for my laptop. Obviously, nobody wants to get physically burned, but some of these new battery technologies are as much art as they are science, which really sucks for quality control.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Sony has had battery recall after battery recall after battery recall. They deserve all the flak they get.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis