Boston Acoustics Introduces New Horizon Speaker Line

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Boston Acoustics, Inc. is combining loudspeaker form and function in an elegant new way with the upcoming introduction of its Boston “Horizon” Series loudspeakers. Created with keen attention to aesthetic detail and design, Boston’s Horizon speakers offer consumers a way to enjoy no-compromise audio performance while complementing the décor of virtually any room in the home.

Discuss "Boston Acoustics Introduces New Horizon Speaker Line" here. Read the article.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
looks really cool! I wish I can do that on my RBH speakers.

B

buzzy

Audioholic Intern
Interesting, I wonder if this is the replacement for the CR series that's been on clearance. Is the VR series on the way out or just some stock clearance? Because if it is, there won't be any standard box designs left.

I guess this is what the market wants (slim speakers you can mount anywhere), but I'm not convinced those small curved plastic boxes can sound right. (Mirage omnipolars being an exception, but not a box.)

Definitive does well with their curved plastic boxes, maybe BA will too.

The market really wants HT speakers, not music speakers, so this fits with the trend.

This is a little bit interesting:
they all feature Boston Acoustics’ new P.O.P. (Personal Option Plan) design concept. P.O.P. lets users customize the look of their product using easily removable cloth grilles that are available in a wide variety of colors, including Glacier, Rosebud, Onyx, Pearl Gray, Caramel, Chocolat, Silver, and Chili Pepper.
but this is just funny somehow. What color is mist? midnight?:
all speakers are available in either mist with silver grilles or midnight with Onyx grilles

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I'll be writing something up soon about the press event that will hopefully explain a little more about their new direction. They chose to use names like mist and midnight instead of white and black since the colors aren't really white and black.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis