Confirmed: Xbox 360 Gets HDMI

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to, oh just about any source out on the Internet (which scares us to be honest) Microsoft is putting HDMI on all new Xbox 360 Premium game consoles. The idea is that hardcore gamers are all starting use... gasp... digital display - most of which have HDMI inputs. Heck, I game in 1080p on a 100-inch screen in my dedicated theater room. With all the available HD content and high-resolution games it's a wonder it took this long to get the new video format on the gaming console.

Discuss "Confirmed: Xbox 360 Gets HDMI" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This is something that should have been implemented since day 1, and also something they said they would never do.

I have the elite 360, and the HDMI video looks better than it did on my old box in component. However I need to use the audio breakout cable to use toslink since the audio via HDMI has some issues.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
man, I tried gaming on a friend's 100" screen once and it made me sick.....

:eek:

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
AWESOME!

I just sent my 360 in to Circuit City to get replaced with a $400 GC. Guess i can just get the new premium instead of the Elite now...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you wait a bit longer, you may be able to get one with the new 65nm chips.

majorloser

majorloser

I noticed the other day that the Halo 3 version will have HDMI. Not that I want one, but I wonder if it will have the new chip. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis