Wal-mart #2 CE Retailer in US

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Wall Street Journal reported this week that Wal-mart is now the second largest Consumer Electronics retailer in the country with over $22.6 billion in US sales. This doesn't even account for its SAMs Club stores and is a blow to other retailers like Circuit City (who sold $11.9 billion in the same period.) For those wondering, Best buy occupies the top spot with $31 billion in CE sales.

Discuss "Wal-mart #2 CE Retailer in US" here. Read the article.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I guess CE means everything electronics, and not just Home Theater. I just can't see myself buying receivers, speakers, or HDTVs from Wal-Mart. Sam's Clubs may have some okay HDTVs, but not Wal-Mart.
I wouldn't even buy interconnect cables from Wal-Mart.
I have bought a lot of Blu-ray movies from Wal-Mart, however.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I think these numbers are pretty accurate. So is their market approach. When I went shopping for a 42" Panasonic plasma for my friend, Circuit City had the best price out of Fry's, Best Buy, and Tweeter.

Did Costco rank?

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I go to Costco for all my electronics needs most of the time. Well except for my audio stuff obviously. Walmart gets alot of my music buying business though. But oh do I dread going in that store.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Does this mean Wally World will be offering Krell/Martin Logan HTIBs for $199? Maybe SamIntosh/Wilson for $399? I can hardly wait.:rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The Wall Street Journal reported this week that Wal-mart is now the second largest Consumer Electronics retailer in the country with over $22.6 billion in US sales.
Wall Street Journal? Isn't that the latest paper Rupert owns to control the truth out there?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Does this mean Wally World will be offering Krell/Martin Logan HTIBs for $199? Maybe SamIntosh/Wilson for $399? I can hardly wait.:rolleyes:

Don't laugh. Cadillac now sells Bose Systems so anything is possible.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Wall Street Journal? Isn't that the latest paper Rupert owns to control the truth out there?
You can't be serious.... Deal is not done yet, and WSJ is one of the only REAL newspapers left out there...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You can't be serious.... Deal is not done yet, and WSJ is one of the only REAL newspapers left out there...
I am pretty sure the family who owned it announced the sale agreement the other day. Forgot the number of $billions, or wast it just millions.
And, that is why I am worried as well, one man owning such a huge chunk of the newspapers.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am pretty sure the family who owned it announced the sale agreement the other day. Forgot the number of $billions, or wast it just millions.
And, that is why I am worried as well, one man owning such a huge chunk of the newspapers.
LOL.... something tells me you'd be happier if the paper was being purchased by somebody like George Soros:eek:

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
That's depressing. I don't even go in to Walmart except under extreme 4am duress.

The place is a hellhole.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

LOL.... something tells me you'd be happier if the paper was being purchased by somebody like George Soros:eek:
How many papers does he own? If he owned them all or most, I would be against it.
Was this paper up for sale, or did Rupert muscle his way into buying it for his nefarious purposes?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis