HALO 3 4player CO OP

"up to four player co-op in Campaign mode on Xbox Live or System Link."

This is music to my ears. We'll be buying it the week it comes out!

"We’d certainly recommend Legendary, but we’ll be revealing some more ways to make the game more interesting and challenging for multiple players in the very near future."

Sounds like they may be adding more maps/missions down the road. I would gladly pay for these. For example, if GoW had additional purchasable missions beyond the main storyline we'd have bought them by now.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm very excited about this... I can't wait for Sep. 25th!

proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
i hope that they will make more missions after the game comes out but i think it's unlikely because this is it for the Halo trilogy, not to say that they wont make more halo based games (halo wars) witch follow a completely different plot ,but i think they understand that you can over stretch a game title (same goes for movies). they have said that this the end for the story of halo but they didn't say it would be the end for master chief. the release of new multi player maps is a given and maybe even new weapons. by the way. you should go and pre-order halo because there id no grantee that you will get a copy :eek: with out one.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
My 2 pennies

It is cool that they decided to do a four player campaign, that will be the main reason I buy it. Though, I've played the Halo 3 beta and its just way too much like 2 for me to get excited about it. One of those games I'd rather play with friends only as there is way too many obsessed hardcore types playing this game that make it no fun to casually play online. I was really looking more forward to Unreal Tournament 3, which is now going to be a PS3 exclusive, through '07 anyway. So I guess I'll be getting a PS3 soon. The PS3 is slowly ramping up their titles, and gradually gaining in popularity among my crew. Though, the online PS3 play still leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. A huge plus for the 360, in my opinion, is Achievements. Everybody loves achievements.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully the new ranking sytem and matchmaking will keep the gameplay enjoyable for the casual gamer so you don't get your rear end handed to you when you play on live.

majorloser

majorloser

"up to four player co-op in Campaign mode on Xbox Live or System Link."

This is music to my ears. We'll be buying it the week it comes out!

"We’d certainly recommend Legendary, but we’ll be revealing some more ways to make the game more interesting and challenging for multiple players in the very near future."

Sounds like they may be adding more maps/missions down the road. I would gladly pay for these. For example, if GoW had additional purchasable missions beyond the main storyline we'd have bought them by now.
You know, we need to set up a room at the GTG in October for an "After Hours Halo War" :cool:

proshot04

proshot04

Audioholic Intern
i hear ya, the match making is bad on halo2 because it ranks you based on wins and not stats you could have 2 kills and 20 deaths but win because of your teammates and go up a rank forsing you to play with way better players than you, its silly win loose or draw its your kills per death that matter and if they went by this a casual player wouldn't be matched with a
hardcore gamer.

PS. i was a 40 before the reset

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like fun. Let us know how you guys like it next month.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I think all the rampant cheating in Halo 2 really helped ruin the matchmaking system as well. Most of the higher levels cheated to some extent. Hope Bungie has made cheating more difficult than in H2, but i'm sure people will still find a way..:(

B

bashful

Audiophyte
Uh, there is a MAJOR MISTAKE in that article

"With the pending Halo 3 being released soon, and the fact that it's built on the Unreal 3 engine - just like GoW - we were salivating over the prospect of Xbox Live co-op."

I assure you, you guys are the only people in the media to have come up with something like this... it has never been stated by Microsoft or anyone else.

Microsoft owns the majority of the engine components in Halo3. Sure, there's Havok and a few other 3rd-party bits in there. But no Unreal 3 engine! Their Bungie group basically took their Halo 2 engine & toolsets and made it all work on the '360, with improvements of course.

There's no way you could take a generic multiplatform product like Unreal 3 and do Halo 3 with it. Halo 3 is way too much of an envelope-pusher. Unreal 3 licensees make middle-of-the-road multiplatform games. (Gears is a special case... not done by a licensee, and not a simultaneous multiplatform ship either, made by the engine maker so they're customizing the engine and spending lots of time on it)

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
"With the pending Halo 3 being released soon, and the fact that it's built on the Unreal 3 engine - just like GoW - we were salivating over the prospect of Xbox Live co-op."
I can't believe I missed that. There's no way Halo 3 uses the Unreal 3 engine...as Bashful says, it wouldn't work for the type of game that halo is.

R

RuffRyder93

Enthusiast
it will i was just on another thread asking if it would....nice.yayayayayay :):D:):D:):D:):D:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis