Samsung Releases Dual-Format HD Player

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Samsung introduces its first dual-format High-Definition (HD) optical disc player, the BD-UP5000 Duo HD Player. This player is positioned as the flagship in the company’s growing line of high definition players. Offering the same playback capabilities of the BD-P2400 including HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing, the BD-UP5000 supports both Blu-ray and HD-DVD formats as well as their interactive technologies, HDi and BD-Java. Consumers can now enjoy additional studio content such as trailers, director’s comments, more elaborate interactive menus and behind the scene footage.

Discuss "Samsung Releases Dual-Format HD Player" here. Read the article.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
is that any good? how about "i don't care about those formats anymore?" lol

but if i want to enjoy those hd movies, I'll have to wait approx. 2-3 years for a decent price for this machine. that's the biggest point.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Looks like a bargain after reading about the Denon BD player. If it performs as well as the BD P1200 with HQV for SD and HD discs, I may just have to jump off the fence.

Now if Oppo could put together a dual format player with HQV and include SACD and DVD Audio with their historically lower prices, they would make all other attempts futile.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
When one of those dual format machines drops to $500 then I will bite.

annunaki

annunaki

I will begin to think about buying into it when it reaches $500.00 even then, who knows?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is it really here, can I go to a store and finally buy one? And its only $1000!:)

Finally, all the parts to the "next gen' puzzle have fallen into place: dual format player, HD cable with DVR, HDMI 1.3 AVRs, and 1080p monitors. (Well more HD cable channels would be nice):)

I can finally upgrade my SD system without fear of something "just around the corner". Prices will fall some, yes, but I can't forsee any radical new technology anytime soon. (4k TVs??);)

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
It even comes with the 7.1 outputs to work with older receivers... this is the machine they should have made first time around.. come Christmas, it might even be affordable !!!

G

ground_wire

Audiophyte
It will take a combi-player, such as Samsung's, to make me jump into the HD/Blu-Ray format..........provided reviews and measurements are = or > to stand alone units. Now where are the Pioneer, Oppo, etc. combi-players?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If I wasn't in already, I would wait things out until after the holidays. The only reason to pay any premium at all to get HD DVD is because of Universal Studios movies. Everything else is already available on Blu-ray. Yep, I definitely miss Universal, but not $450+ worth of premium.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis