RBH Sound TK-5CT Floorstanding Speaker Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
You’ve read a lot of RBH reviews over here and if you’re anything like me, you’ve thought, “Well, that’s nice, and if I ever hit the lottery, I’ll look into those.” These newest RBH’s are actually within financial reach of a lot of our readers. A big part of me was hoping I’d hate these speakers. It’d help give us that “fair and balanced” look that would placate some of our dissenters. But the fact is, and I can no longer deny it, that RBH makes great speakers. You just have to hear one to know. And now that I’ve heard one – I’m convinced.

Discuss "RBH Sound TK-5CT Floorstanding Speaker Review" here. Read the article.

Matt34

Matt34

Good review, those sound like a great deal for $800. Wish there was a place to demo them around here.

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
I am curious what RBH offers/recommends for center and surrounds and how much green they will set you back.

L

Lex

Enthusiast
Axiom's M60's seem to be comparable in a few ways:

-both standing towers
-similar review ratings
-price ($800 vs $970)
-stated frequency response range (37Hz & 45Hz)

I'd like to see a direct head-to-head comparison of these two speakers.

Even better, a roundup of full-range towers in the $750-$1500 range would be awesome, if wishful thinking

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
In financial reach of most consumers, just not within reach.

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I believe the center is the RBH TK-515C at $299 ea. and surrounds are TK-5C $499 pr.

I am curious what RBH offers/recommends for center and surrounds and how much green they will set you back.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Nice Review Tom

Hey, nice review Tom. I had a question on the aesthetics. You say in the summary they have average aesthetics, but from the photos they really look pretty nice (particularly with speakers of a like cost). Just wondering what you would improve on, along those lines.

Thanks,
hopjohn

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Hop,

Aesthetics is always a personal thing but reddish vinyl veneer isn't much my style. The hard edges and boxy look also screams function over style. Of course, everyone has their own opinions and what might be "average" for me could be just fine in your book.

Lex,

The m60's were the reference speakers I used for comparison in this review.

M

mattburk

Audioholic Intern
Great read tom. How would these compare to the new Kef iQ9's? I can get them for about the same price.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
No idea, I've never heard Kefs outside of a trade show (hardly a good listening environment).

T

TT-

Audioholic Intern
Tom, what was you comparing against? I didn't get the model of the reference speaker or maybe I glossed over the review too fast? :)

T

TT-

Audioholic Intern
Nevermind, I got it. Found it in the reference system section :)

placebo473

placebo473

Enthusiast
...I'd like to see a direct head-to-head comparison of these two speakers.

Even better, a roundup of full-range towers in the $750-$1500 range would be awesome, if wishful thinking
Throw in a pair of Rockets too.

S

satish536

Audioholic

-both standing towers
-similar review ratings
-price ($800 vs $970)
-stated frequency response range (37Hz & 45Hz)

I'd like to see a direct head-to-head comparison of these two speakers.

A full range tower face off would be awesome ! :cool:

G

gotchaforce

Junior Audioholic
Wow, i'll have to listen to these.

$1000 is the sweet spot for speakers but theres a niche market for $800 speakers out there too i think.

A

alexadams77

Audioholic Intern
So, are you saying that the TK-5CT played louder and better then the Axiom M60's? I was just wondering because I was going to order the M60 or M80, but the TK-5CT just seems like a better deal. What would you chose out of the both of them? I do not have a sub and my room is 2500 Cu FT that opens to other areas.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
I bought these based on this review. They sound amazing. I think I need more power to push them, but they still sound damn good!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Chris, glad you like them. For the money, I've never heard better. It's gonna be a long time (and a few raises) before you think about upgrading.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis