Integra Delivers its First HDMI 1.3a Compatible AV Receiver

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Integra has announced immediate deliveries of its first home theater receiver with HDMI 1.3a processing. The Integra DTR-5.8 AV receiver allows the end-user to exploit the advanced audio and video capabilities of high definition HD-DVD players, BluRay players, Sony's PlayStation3 gaming systems, and other advanced systems that fully implement the HDMI 1.3a standard.

Discuss "Integra Delivers its First HDMI 1.3a Compatible AV Receiver" here. Read the article.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Is there any speculation on Audioholics doing a review later on the DTR-8.8?

Thats one critical opinion I would be very interested to read.

V

VinnyC

Enthusiast
comparison

Ok, how does this compare to the Onkyo 605 or 705? Anyone?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I read the write up and was expecting a $2k price tag and was surprised to see a retail of $800. It just amazes me what you can get for your audio dollars these days........

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I have HDMI 1.3 and I don't know how it benefits me or why I should even care. Something for the future, perhaps.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I have HDMI 1.3 and I don't know how it benefits me or why I should even care. Something for the future, perhaps.
People area always worried about future proofing systems thats one reason. Another is because newer receivers with 1.3 can process Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA audio ONCE a player is released that can send the information via bitstream rather than LPCM. There are also other features offered by HDMI 1.3 that have not really been implemented yet but everyone still wants the biggest and the best.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis