HSU Research VTF-1 Subwoofer Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Hsu Research VTF-1 has proven to be a solid performer that, relative to its price point, does most everything well with very little wrong. I found it to be both musical and responsive to the source material I threw at it while still capable of very respectable output levels. Sonically, the VTF-1 is similar to the STF-1, retaining the best qualities while making sonic improvements with key differences consisting of the larger driver, an increase in amplifier power, and the ability to play lower. The end result is that the VTF-1 sounds like a heftier sub, sonically, than the STF-1 with a similar price to performance ratio. If you are in the market for a high value subwoofer then Hsu should be on the list of products to investigate; the VTF-1 is a good sub that is hard to beat at the price.

Discuss "HSU Research VTF-1 Subwoofer Review" here. Read the article.

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
Shouldn't this be in the "Subwoofer" section? :)

Otherwise, I have heard an STF-1 before and was very suprised at what it could do for the price and size. The VTF-1 seems to go a bit farther according to the review.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Shouldn't this be in the "Subwoofer" section?
Thats odd, I must have scrolled too far the drop down when linking it up. thanks.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Am I to assume that Figure 4 is using a standard 10% distortion limit?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis