Amazon Getting 1000 New HD DVD Indie Titles

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Amazon's new on-demand DVD printing service will soon take on 1000 new Indie titles through the "One Thousand HD DVD Indies Project". The initiative is sponsored by Amazon.com and Microsoft and is designed to allow independent filmmakers to enter the market with lower costs and get their projectors sold online to consumers. The on-demand system, called CustomFlix, is one of Amazon's family of companies and will provide free disc authoring and setup services for up to 1000 Indie titles.

Discuss "Amazon Getting 1000 New HD DVD Indie Titles" here. Read the article.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
No matter what happens with the format war more HD movies being released is good for everyone who has a vested interest in a high quality viewing experience. While I don't have any idea how good a job customflix does as I have not seen anything put out by them hopefully it is good enough to get Sony's attention and further fan the flames.

In the end it seems this format war has been great for the consumer forcing down prices and causing competition that hasn't been seen in my lifetime.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

In the end it seems this format war has been great for the consumer forcing down prices and causing competition that hasn't been seen in my lifetime.
After the PS/3 release, and Sony's $499.00 Blu-Ray Player, AND Blockbuster going Blu-Ray only, I'm leaning towards this format.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
After the PS/3 release, and Sony's $499.00 Blu-Ray Player, AND Blockbuster going Blu-Ray only, I'm leaning towards this format.
That was the choice I made as well with my PS3 but it seems as if the HD DVD camp is not willing to give in and I say thats a good thing since it forces Sony to keep their prices down until manufacturing methods catch up. I am just curious what Sony's response will be, if they have one which it seem they will since each camp has taken turns firing pot shots at the other.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis