Pioneer PDP-5070HD Plasma Display Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
My first display review was a plasma and I’ve long held that I prefer plasmas to LCDs (in general). It’s easy to make such generalizations when you’ve reviewed 3-1 plasma v. LCD. Pioneer has had a reputation for putting out quality displays and I’ve never had the pleasure of reviewing one. It wasn’t hard for me to get excited about a Pioneer review much less a Pioneer plasma review - even if it was "only" a 720p display.

Discuss "Pioneer PDP-5070HD Plasma Display Review" here. Read the article.

O

oasis

Audiophyte
calibration question for tom

hey tom,
as i read review several questions occured. i hope this is ok area to ask them. if not (recently registered..protocol??) please inform.

1.) could you recommend a good calibrator in my zip 32563

2.) can RG-6 be used to deliver 2 different signals simultaneously and in opposing directions. i want to recieve simultaneous OTA HD via outdoor antenae into the house and SAT signal to TV outside on back porch area using the same RG-6?. is this possible?

L

Lohrville

Audiophyte
Pioneer PDP5070HD's Remote's Favorites Buttons

Has anyone successfully used the Pioneer remote's favorites buttons to use to jump to channels selected as favorites?
My cable box is made by Motorola and it responds to many of the buttons on the Pioneer remote when the little indicator under the flap at the bottom of the remote is moved to the mark for cable operation, but I cannot get it to switched to the favorite channels.
I have tried to follow the directions in the manual and can get the heart to show up for a selected channel. Once I hit "enter", though, the window disappears and when I re-open it, the favorites channels show up, but the heart has disappeared.
If you have gotten this to work, please advise me as to how you did it, step by step.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Clint,

Why did they not send you the 5080? That is the hot new pioneer, not the older 5070.

nellie7799

nellie7799

Enthusiast
Clint,

Why did they not send you the 5080? That is the hot new pioneer, not the older 5070.
Seriously. I love how the MSRP is $3,000 and one of the cons is "price." I don't know where you're shopping but I just got my 5080 for 2600 shipped. You guys really need to get on the ball. Who cares about a display that is no longer current generation?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis