PlanterSpeakers Terra Cotta 8.20 by Madison Feilding Inc.

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Outdoor speakers usually take the shape of rocks… and often sound about as good. Well, not all of us HAVE a lot of rocks in their backyards, so sticking a rock-shaped speaker out there would be as bad as installing an all-weather speaker. The PlanterSpeakers Terra Cotta 8.20 by Madison Fielding looks like a large planter (because it is). Your wife can stick a plant in it, water that plant, and you never have to worry about your speaker. It can rain, snow, salty waves can spritz it… still, no worries. All weather? You bet. Multipurpose? Absolutely. Inexpensive? Well…

Discuss "PlanterSpeakers Terra Cotta 8.20 by Madison Feilding Inc." here. Read the article.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It's no surprise that you found the bass response to be anemic. You're outside! With no boundaries to reinforce the sound, you're guaranteed to lose bass performance without a huge, high output woofer.

egr2rst

egr2rst

Audiophyte
Love the idea of a pot to plant stuff in. Being the better half of Tom's mom who loves Japanese Maples, I told her about the speaker pots. She thought it was a pretty good idea. I asked her how much she would pay. She said $100 per pair. Granted she is no audiophile but she does love planters.
I can't imagine anyone paying that much for these speakers.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Sure, but ask her how much she'll spend on a plant :eek: . That woman's priorities are all out of whack :D .

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
It's no surprise that you found the bass response to be anemic. You're outside! With no boundaries to reinforce the sound, you're guaranteed to lose bass performance without a huge, high output woofer.
Agreed but I wasn't the one that claimed a frequency response down to 42Hz! PlanterSpeakers is remeasuring them now and will be changing their literature.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis