Emotiva Reference Theater Series IPS-1 Amplifier Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
From its excellent sonic characteristics, to its no-nonsense build quality, fit and finish, Emotiva has once again demonstrated via the IPS-1 that you don’t have to break the bank to get quality electronics that rival many of the more well known brands at a fraction of the cost. If you’re looking for a solid sub-$2k multi-channel amplifier for bi-amplifying your stereo speakers, or for powering your sophisticated 7.1 channel home theater that won’t falter on tough power demands, save $800 bucks and buy the Emotiva IPS-1. Your ears and your wallet with certainly thank you.

Discuss "Emotiva Reference Theater Series IPS-1 Amplifier Review" here. Read the article.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Great review!!! I wish the LPA-1 review Audioholics did was as in depth as this one.:D I would love to see how the LPA-1 stacks up against this amp.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great review Gene. I would have thought that the noise floor would have been higher with the lack of the isolated card design of the MPS 1.

I know you are not easily impressed, so your preference of this model over the MPS1 says something.

Nice job!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Great review Gene. I would have thought that the noise floor would have been higher with the lack of the isolated card design of the MPS 1.

I know you are not easily impressed, so your preference of this model over the MPS1 says something.

Nice job
The IPS-1 still has independent mono block amps just like the MPS-1 but you can't slide the modules in and out. The MPS-1 would have identical SNR if you pull the limiter circuit off which is easy to do. Emotiva will instruct customers on request if you wish to do so.

I mostly prefer the IPS-1 b/c its more manageable and easier to setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis