The $75,000 Multi-Zone Home Theater System

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We decided to go all out on this $75,000 whole house audio system (2 surround zones, 2 audio zones) and include mostly top notch products priced right at the crest of that place where your budget hits the point of diminishing returns. This means we included some of the finest A/V products "smart" money can buy. You can possibly do better, but not likely for the price.

Discuss "The $75,000 Multi-Zone Home Theater System" here. Read the article.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
We decided to go all out on this $75,000 whole house audio system (2 surround zones, 2 audio zones) and include mostly top notch products priced right at the crest of that place where your budget hits the point of diminishing returns. This means we included some of the finest A/V products "smart" money can buy. You can possibly do better, but not likely for the price.

Discuss "The $75,000 Multi-Zone Home Theater System" here. Read the article.
I guess that would do... if you're desperate;)

I dunno...but that 97lb AV receiver seems a little flimsy and that killed it for me.

Does the 97lb listed weight include the reinforced cinder blocks needed to support it's weight?
lol

Do AV/rack companies offer 1" reinforced glass shelving as an option?:D

Last edited:
B

BrianAudioholic

Audiophyte
$75K System with Denon? Please.

I am sorry to disagree so vehemently, but recommending anything Denon especially a controller, for a $75K system is like racing in the Grand Prix of Monaco with a Ford pickup and expecting to look (and sound) good. And I like Ford pickups. I have had four audiophile-level systems and priced and auditioned many more. For $75K names like Cary, NAD, Anthem, and even Conrad-Johnson and MacIntosh could be the heart of the system.

My current system includes a high-end Denon controller and it was the worse mistake of my audio-visual avocation. Complicated and unreliable, it cuts out often, probably due to heat dissipation problems. I would not buy Denon for a $1K, $25K or $50K system. Denon's customer service also blows. My advice is to go with something less complicated, more reliable and in-tune with the money you spend. Value should be a goal no matter your budget. Good luck!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I am sorry to disagree so vehemently, but recommending anything Denon especially a controller, for a $75K system is like racing in the Grand Prix of Monaco with a Ford pickup and expecting to look (and sound) good. And I like Ford pickups. I have had four audiophile-level systems and priced and auditioned many more. For $75K names like Cary, NAD, Anthem, and even Conrad-Johnson and MacIntosh could be the heart of the system.

My current system includes a high-end Denon controller and it was the worse mistake of my audio-visual avocation. Complicated and unreliable, it cuts out often, probably due to heat dissipation problems. I would not buy Denon for a $1K, $25K or $50K system. Denon's customer service also blows. My advice is to go with something less complicated, more reliable and in-tune with the money you spend. Value should be a goal no matter your budget. Good luck!
To date, the Denon AVP processor has the best analog preamp and DAC section we've ever measured regardless of price. I have had an AVP in my rack for 3 years and never had any issues with its operation. Denon customer support leaves much to be desired at times but simply bashing all of their products with no substance seems like your just grinding an axe.

When Cary Audio and the other brands you mention puts hardware in their boxes that exceeds the Denon AVP, I will gladly change out to one of those units. Perhaps the new Lexicon Processor will outgun the Denon but it should at over 2X the price.

P

pnutbutter81

Enthusiast
How about for those completely out of analog needs but want the top performer still.....I just want minimal analog, maybe 1-2 pair for something down the road (i only run opticals or hdmi to everything) and run everything else hdmi. I guess I am the new generation and don't care for this, but consider myself an audiophile and don't have the equipment to test like yourselves. Would ESS Sabre 32 bit DAC's still be the choice even though its a digital to analog converter? Hope this isn't too general of a question. Or something as simple as a Denon 3808ci? no need for 2nd zones. Just want the cream for my audio/video needs, even though the source would be oppo bdp-103 for cd's and blu rays.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How about for those completely out of analog needs but want the top performer still.....I just want minimal analog, maybe 1-2 pair for something down the road (i only run opticals or hdmi to everything) and run everything else hdmi. I guess I am the new generation and don't care for this, but consider myself an audiophile and don't have the equipment to test like yourselves. Would ESS Sabre 32 bit DAC's still be the choice even though its a digital to analog converter? Hope this isn't too general of a question.
Yes, a bit too general and you are also responding to a thread that was started 6 years ago and the last response was 2 years ago.

Denon does now have a new line of receivers that are geared toward mainly digital with plenty of HDMI inputs and very few analog inputs. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/84659-denon-e-series-receivers-preview.html

No idea what you are asking about in reference to the DACs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis