Epson Home Cinema 1080

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080 is virtually identical to the Pro Cinema 1080. If you are a consumer, BUY this projector.

Discuss "Epson Home Cinema 1080" here. Read the article.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Clint -

who would have thunk that such fantastic projectors would come from Epson?! Are they doing the R & D on these products and producing them, or do they just have an Epson badge?

Looks like this is a strong consideration for the new room I am cooking up....

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Epson has made a few great projectors. I have the Epson 550 (720p) which got great reviews. I think they are still building traction in the HT market, but this new projector should help!

Epson is one of the few companies that make the actual LCD panels - they are about as legit as it comes. Up until now they were a bit pricey and I don't think anyone expected them to come out with the first 1080p under $3k.

The LPX-510 Yamaha projector i love and own was/is essentially an Epson with improved optics and chassis.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Crikey, that's a great pj for the money! Almost wish I had not bought my HD72 a few months ago! No pun intended, but the future...and I mean near future...looks bright for front projectors!;)

Now, to get more 1080 material to look at!

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
Epson is one of the few companies that make the actual LCD panels - they are about as legit as it comes. Up until now they were a bit pricey and I don't think anyone expected them to come out with the first 1080p under $3k.

The LPX-510 Yamaha projector i love and own was/is essentially an Epson with improved optics and chassis.
I am in the market for a 1080p FP and it looks like we have a winner! Two questions: 1) Other than having better resolution, would you recommend this FP over your Yammie 510? 2)Would running the digital RapidRun cable be the right choice for connection? If I were to buy this FP, it would sit a little over 9 feet high on a small shelf I will build for it and slightly less than 19 feet from the screen. I am considering a 100 inch screen. I anticipate the top of the screen at about 7.5 feet off the floor. The room is 25 x 20 open beam gabled. It is all drywalled except for the ridge beam which is partially visible for decoration.

Does anyone know if the new in-wall Klipsch THX Ultra2 speakers can be used in ceiling?

Thanks

Rex

T

Technojay

Audiophyte
It just requires the correct length of HDMI cable. So a rapid run may be an overkill.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

From the scuttlebutt at AVS, it sounds like the Panny may be plagued with some of the QC problems that the A100X has. Personally I've freakin' had it with MIR, too. Panny is apparently taking well over 3 months to send the check in some cases!:eek: My experience with MIR is that they do everything they can to screw you out of the rebate (not just Panny, every company that uses them).

If you're counting on that $1,ooo you might be in trouble!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis