Denon AH-D1000 Headphone Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Nothing is worse than having an “epiphany” type moment with a particular song/album just to have your significant other ask you to turn it down. It is times like these that you simply MUST have a good set of cans. Denon is trying to break into this very competitive market with a new group of cans that range in price from $150 to $700. The AH-D1000’s are an “on ear” (supra-aural) model that is priced right for someone that wants quality but doesn’t have unlimited funds. At $150, they definitely are above the impulse buy price range and elevate the purchase to one of “bang for buck”.

Discuss "Denon AH-D1000 Headphone Review" here. Read the article.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
It is hard to get a feel from the article how much better or worse these are than other headphones. For example, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280 pros (closed) headphones and have been thinking of upgrading to HD650s (open). The HD280 is a very flat response (designed to be monitor headphones) with 32db of sound proofing... however the bass response leaves much to be desired, -10Db at 1KHz.

Kitsum

Junior Audioholic
Are those made in China? All of my cans come from Europe, as i find them excellent HQ designs, but other mnfs might be up to the task now days.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Not much interest in cans around here... :)

Is there going to be a review of AH-D2000, the next higher up model? I am very curious to see how this Denon stacks up against the Sony MDR-SA5000.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis