Halo 3 Sneak Peek & Official Audioholics Discussion

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Halo 3 Sneak Peek & Official Audioholics Discussion

This editorial discusses a sneak peek video I saw on Yahoo news tonight about Halo 3. It also opens a dialog to our readers to post anything and everything they know about this game on our forums to keep us drooling until the unannounced release date. So, post away and save the assault rifle for me.

Discuss "Halo 3 Sneak Peek & Official Audioholics Discussion" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Concerning the release date, I preordered the legendary edition online, and got an email the other day stating the mfgr. moved the release date up from 11/3/07 to 9/30/07.

They need to get the balance on the weapons right the first time, and I hope the pistol gets scoped again like in Halo CE. I didn't make it into the beta, but a friend of mine did, so I'll definitely be over there getting practiced up.

Last edited:
J

JTBAOLSON

Audiophyte
If they stop the cheating, I'm sold

I play Halo live most days of the week. Certain days/times I can find a mod player in almost every game. If Bungie can fix this, I really don't care what else Halo 3 can do.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Personally I was dissapointed with Halo 2 because it was halo one with dual weilding and minor changes. I am hoping they make a better game all around rather than a minor upgrade. Then I will be excited.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
The game looks considerably last gen.

They need to go back to halo 1's shields or just ditch shields all together.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

They need to go back to halo 1's shields or just ditch shields all together.
You not liking the new shield bubble or just the normal shields like they had in Halo 2? I never played Halo 1 but some people have told me they preferred the gameplay of 1 over 2. Any comments?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
How can you say that when you have only seen footage from the alpha version? Wait till you see the final release before you pass judgement. It's not gonna have the look of a game like GoW, but it's not meant to, it's meant to be kept in like with the same apperance of the original two halo games which were desigend for the xbox, not the 360. Expect it to look similar, but with all the HD glory added into it. Have you been reading the weekly updates on bungie.net? If not, go back and read some and you will hear how extensive detail is being applied to things.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
It's not gonna have the look of a game like GoW, but it's not meant to, it's meant to be kept in like with the same appearance of the original two halo games which were designed for the xbox, not the 360.
I actually think this hamstrings this series to an extent. The look of Master Chief was designed with the limitations of the xbox hardware in mind. There are some serious potential for graphics on the 360 that I'm afraid will be ignored if they aren't willing to revamp the characters. It'll be interesting to see how it works out. It is still early and I'm sure lots will change before it is launched.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I actually think this hamstrings this series to an extent. The look of Master Chief was designed with the limitations of the xbox hardware in mind. There are some serious potential for graphics on the 360 that I'm afraid will be ignored if they aren't willing to revamp the characters. It'll be interesting to see how it works out. It is still early and I'm sure lots will change before it is launched.
I agree, it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Maybe this will be the end of the halo series. If it is, then I'm sure they will come up with something along the same lines, as they would be stupid to abandon their bread and butter for the xbox consoles. Maybe they will remake the halo series, but do like you said and redesign the characters to take advantage of the power of the 360. All I know is that I'm eagerly awaiting the Halo 3 beta, and ultimately the release of the full game, as I enjoy the campaign almost as much as I enjoy the multiplayer.

N

naisphoo

Banned
There's nothing special about this game. I bought halo2 and an xbot just to give away. Big disappointment. I don't think the #3 will be any better. Yeah maybe graphics wise but game play? no hype about it. Rather play RE and GOW.

H

Hydra

Audiophyte
There's nothing special about this game. I bought halo2 and an xbot just to give away. Big disappointment. I don't think the #3 will be any better. Yeah maybe graphics wise but game play? no hype about it. Rather play RE and GOW.
I'm a gluten for more of the same, at least different maps. Bungie's come a long way since the original Mac only Marathon series.

majorloser

majorloser

Halo Novels

Has anyone else ever read the Halo novels? They fill in a lot of story blanks from the games. I'd love to see a game that was along the lines of the last book, "Halo - Ghosts of Onyx". It introduces you to a new group of younger Spartans, the Spartan-III's. The timeline is when Master Chief comes back after Halo 2.

EDIT: Yes, I'm a geek. I even read the books :eek:

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
How can you say that when you have only seen footage from the alpha version? Wait till you see the final release before you pass judgement. It's not gonna have the look of a game like GoW, but it's not meant to, it's meant to be kept in like with the same apperance of the original two halo games which were desigend for the xbox, not the 360. Expect it to look similar, but with all the HD glory added into it. Have you been reading the weekly updates on bungie.net? If not, go back and read some and you will hear how extensive detail is being applied to things.
It's in Beta, not Alpha.

I played better looking games on pc, last year. The game just looks like it was dev'd on the first xbox. No real substantial visual improvements.

And no, I don't watch the updates. I'm not interested in this game. I enjoyed the first game. The second, was mediocre at best, and for some reason, hailed by the gaming community.

About the sheilds, I don't like the sheilds in halo2. They take forever to get down, pretty much an enitre smg clip if you will. If I ever find myself playing Halo 2, I always put it on a custom game mode w/out sheilds, it just makes the game much more fun.

In other news, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is coming on soon!

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Anyone in on the Beta? I saw some live in game shots on AOTS and was pretty amazed by the backgrounds. At least an order of magnitude better than the Halo 2 graphics. The character models are still a little spartan (especially when you compare them to the characters in GoW) but we expected that.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My friend is in on it, and I will be at his place playing it soon. There are videos on youtube if you want to see more. Also, the mrjukes video on bungie.net is pretty sweet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis