Slappa d2i Hardbody CD Storage Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At what point do you decide you need a storage solution for your CDs? After you buy 10? 20? Maybe it is when you buy your first car with a CD player (I'm showing my age)? If you're smart, and you really like your CDs, you'll want to start protecting them after your first purchase. Well, Slappa's new d2i line of HardBody cases combines the convenience of a sleeve-based solution with the flexibility of jewel cases. With the d2i system, the sleeve moves in and out - not the disc. With the d2i (i=interlocking) each sleeve has a male and a female interlocking slide that allows the sleeve to be connected to the spine of each case or to another sleeve. Just slide out the sleeve with the CD you want and slide it in to the other case. No more handling of CDs (with the possibilities of scratching/dropping). No more fumbling with locations - just grab and go. Slappa has always provided the looks, with the d2i system; they've taken functionality to a whole new level.

Discuss "Slappa d2i Hardbody CD Storage Review" here. Read the article.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
My Cds are my "masters" so they don't see the light of day, as some are rare and out of print. My solution has always been to burn two duplicates, one for the car, one for home ( my four year old thinks they're frisbees) stereo just in case junior wants to play. I keep the "masters" in their original case in a custom made storage rack, out of reach of prying little hands (and big ones too.);)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
My Cds are my "masters" so they don't see the light of day, as some are rare and out of print. My solution has always been to burn two duplicates, one for the car, one for home ( my four year old thinks they're frisbees) stereo just in case junior wants to play. I keep the "masters" in their original case in a custom made storage rack, out of reach of prying little hands (and big ones too.)
Such a good idea for a caveman. Too bad I didn't think of that as my last CD case damaged 1/4 of my CD collection from being exposed to the florida heat in my car for long durations of time. :confused:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Such a good idea for a caveman. Too bad I didn't think of that as my last CD case damaged 1/4 of my CD collection from being exposed to the florida heat in my car for long durations of time. :confused:
What? You really think all we talk about is car insurance?;) I've got some stuff that's so rare it's taken years (literally) to track down and in some cases overpaid to get. Florida heat is unforgiving.

M

mango

Audioholic Intern
Slappa website confusing

I went to Slappa's website via the link in jcPanny's post and checked out the d2i 240. What's confusing me is that they say right under "Features" that it will store 120 covers + 120 discs, or 240 discs. It seems like the whole point of the design of the pockets is that they require the use of the covers, which is a good thing in my estimation. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the disc that was on the inside, and the outside disc wouldn't benefit from the double-sided protection. Also I couldn't find a schematic on their site showing a 5-layered pocket like in Tom's review, just a 3-layered pocket. Maybe they need to update the website? I would actually prefer a single CD per pocket design because it would eliminate the need for pairing CDs that Tom talks about in the review. I love the idea of building the pages any way you want, but only a one pocket/one CD design lets you insert a single CD into an alphabetically arranged collection without removing a single CD or having empty pockets throughout.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis