Cerwin Vega Announces 21-inch Subwoofer

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The home theater market sees subwoofers growing smaller and smaller, but in the professional market things are quite different. To perfectly illustrate this, Cerwin Vega has announced that it is introducing a new 21-inch subwoofer to its professional line. OK, the cat's out of the bag - this is a sound reinforcement subwoofer, and not intended for home theater use - but WOW, 21 inches - that's pretty big!

Discuss "Cerwin Vega Announces 21-inch Subwoofer" here. View the article at:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/cerwin-vega-announces-21-inch-subwoofer.html.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I can't seem to find info about them on their site. What is the frequency responce and SPL of this thing?

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
Back in my foolish days as a freewheeling youth I used to run a 'Fosgate 18" in the back of my '89 Range Rover. Notice that was singular. One of those things could make you go def for hours, shake any house, and plaster a smile across your face for days. Who knew that Sarah McLachlan had earth shattering bass? Everything had earth shattering bass with that thing, I can barely imagine what a pro 21" could do. My god!:eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Consider what they use at the movie theaters, they don't go low they go loud. That is what pro-audio is for I guess.;)

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Consider what they use at the movie theaters, they don't go low they go loud. That is what pro-audio is for I guess.;)
Not entirely true these days. Klipsch is making sub systems for theatres that are flat to 17hz and JBL makes subs that are flat to 20hz. Even the older gear can go to 25hz when set up correctly. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis