HDMI 1.3 Coming Soon to More Devices

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The biggest hold-up for HDMI 1.3 has been the availability of the transmitter and receiver chips. Silicon Image Inc. has released and deployed four new pieces of silicon, including two receiver chips that they indicate will be priced low enough to encourage manufacturers to place the new chips into mid-priced displays and televisions.

Discuss "HDMI 1.3 Coming Soon to More Devices" here. View the article at:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/hdmi-1-3-coming-soon-to-more-devices.html.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Nice article. Hope to see more implementations of the standard soon!

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Hdmi 1.3???

Interesting news on HDMI 1.3. The article implies that some manufactures will drop in the new chip without additional modifications to take advantage of the deep color capability. It also indicates, that some HDMI transmitter/receiver chips will not support the high-res audio functions.

I thought that chips devices without these two features were readily available and called HDMI 1.2? Can manufactures label their devices as HDMI 1.3 even if they don't support the deep color and/or high res audio feature?

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
I question how much cheaper are these chips? Are they lower cost than 1.2?

The biggest consern I have is when we will see HDMI on $300 recievers?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Panasonic's saxr 57 A/V receiver is under 300.00 dollars and it sports hdmi. It also has excellent audio and video performance, lots of bang for your buck.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I thought that this WAS ALREADY out ... now we have to wait some more til these chips gets used by the many receivers and players.

but I'm more interested in DTS-HD or DOLBY-HD on receivers.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
The two chipsets mentioned in this article seemed to be the rush to market solutions.

What is the likely hood a revision will be made or a better solution will be offered soon after?

The last thing people need is some goof ball computability issue

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI 1.3 chips

Obviously there are already HDMI 1.3 transmitter chips out that are used on the PS3's that have been shipping since last November. My impresisons is that the new models attempt to make the chipset more cost effective by sacraficing full compatibility.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
Obviously there are already HDMI 1.3 transmitter chips out that are used on the PS3's that have been shipping since last November. My impresisons is that the new models attempt to make the chipset more cost effective by sacraficing full compatibility.
This does not sound promising.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis