Bluesound’s Latest Products Skip Atmos, Aim For Stereo Greatness

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Today, we take a look at the Bluesound Pulse M Speaker ($449 each) and Powernode Edge streaming amplifier ($649). While mainstream competitors like Apple and Sonos are leaning into spatial audio with Dolby Atmos, Bluesound sticks to stereo — with a side of Dolby Digital home theater. As ever, Bluesound’s superb BluOS control app and high bang-for-buck are at the center of this story.

bluesound.jpg

I do wonder whether a smart wireless speaker like the Pulse M will prove competitive without support for the buzz word that is spatial audio, though the speaker’s Omni-Hybrid design might accomplish something similar with ordinary stereo content. The Omni-Hybrid design certainly suggests that Bluesound may be headed in the direction of Dolby Atmos with future smart speakers, though we’ll have to wait and see. Is support for spatial audio with Dolby Atmos a must-have feature in your next smart speaker, or are you more concerned with achieving great performance from two-channel music? Share your thoughts in the related forum thread below.

Read: Bluesound Skips Atmos, Aim for Stereo Greatness

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the first look at this new equipment. It’s great to have choices with relatively small systems like this that fit in tighter spaces. I have both Bluesound and Sonos equipment and have had a positive experience with both systems. I listen to 2 channels or 2.1 mostly so my vote is for stereo sound quality over HT focused equipment.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Wouldn't be cheaper to buy a receiver & a pair of speakers ?. I am just saying.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis