T.H.E. Show 2023 Loudspeaker & Electronics Demo Reports

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks to our staff writer Jacob Green, he was able to attend T.H.E. Show 2023 and give us his impressions of the best loudspeakers and electronics he saw and listened too.

theshow.jpg

T.H.E. Show 2023 in Costa Mesa, California seemed to be a success, both in terms of the quality of the demos, and the number and enthusiasm of the attendees. In Part 1 of our show coverage, we discuss the appeal of shows and the limitations to the conclusions we can draw. We also look at the TAD, Sunny's Components, and Black Ocean Audio rooms.

In part 2 of our coverage of Southern California’s T.H.E. Show, we look at high-value systems from Von Gaylord Audio, a new cost-no-object speaker system from Evolution Acoustics, and truly affordable gear from RSL. Whether you’re into tubes and boutique audio, enormous megabuck systems for billionaires, or cheap-and-cheerful gear for the everyman, there’s something to interest you in T.H.E. Show Part 2.

In part 3 of my T.H.E. Show coverage, Gryphon Audio Designs earns my “Most Impressive Demo” award, while the YG Acoustics room hosted by Alma Music & Audio wins “Room I’d Most Want To Box Up And Take Home.” SoCal audio store Upscale Audio scores with PrimaLuna and Tannoy.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Very nice show coverage so far, Jacob. I got a good look at that Gyphon amp monstrosity at Axpona, but I think it was the Monoblock version of that. It's an absurd amplifier, but it's quite a sight.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice show coverage so far, Jacob. I got a good look at that Gyphon amp monstrosity at Axpona, but I think it was the Monoblock version of that. It's an absurd amplifier, but it's quite a sight.
Just as an attempt at some shared glory, a friend of mine owns a Gryphon back in NC. They do exist out in the wild. Despite offerrings at much less cost and other things, he chose the Gryphon and is still happy as a clam with it. He has it driving a set of Magicos. Probably not the same model Gryphon as at the show. I believe there are several of them

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In the final installment of our show coverage, we look at new speakers from Von Schweikert, Estelon, Linn, Magico, and more. We also discuss the pros and cons of the show’s new venue, and point out some things we’d like to see next year. Read on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis