Bowers & Wilkins Px8 Review & Px7 S2 Comparison

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Bowers & Wilkins made two big steps forward in its wireless Bluetooth headphone lineup in 2022. The B&W style and esthetic is second to none and both model's Bluetooth sound quality over aptX Adaptive is competitive with anything on the market so far, including much higher priced wireless headphones. Speaking of price, B&W recently dropped $50 off the retail price of Px7 S2, which only strengthens my comparison conclusion at the end of the article.

Both are beautiful and great performing headphones so there's no going wrong choosing either. But comparisons are inevitable so in this article I went deep into comparing the material composition of each and learned a lot researching the each headphone's respective driver diaphragm material. The biocellulose diaphragm used in Px7 S2 turns out to have an interesting history as a once premium and expensive material that's still used today in many great headphones. Px8's carbon fiber diaphragm turns out to have advantages, but also its own challenges for speaker and headphone designers. While in my subjective view, both headphones present a similar tonality across the spectrum but I found one song that demonstrated a clear difference between the two models capabilities.

Bowers & Wilkins Px8 Review & Px7 S2 Comparison: Which One's Right For You?
Px8-Review.jpeg

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
I basically agree with your conclusion. My best listening is in my main room in surround sound. My $100 Sony Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones do a fine job when I need to focus on work or hands free phone calls.

R

RobertHoward

Audiophyte
Bowers & Wilkins made two big steps forward in its wireless Bluetooth headphone lineup in 2022. The B&W style and esthetic is second to none and both model's Bluetooth sound quality over aptX Adaptive is competitive with anything on the market so far, including much higher priced wireless headphones. Speaking of price, B&W recently dropped $50 off the retail price of Px7 S2, which only strengthens my comparison conclusion at the end of the article.

Both are beautiful and great performing headphones so there's no going wrong choosing either. But comparisons are inevitable so in this article I went deep into comparing the material composition of each and learned a lot researching the each headphone's respective driver diaphragm material. The biocellulose diaphragm used in Px7 S2 turns out to have an interesting history as a once premium and expensive material that's still used today in many great headphones. Px8's carbon fiber diaphragm turns out to have advantages, but also its own challenges for speaker and headphone designers. While in my subjective view, both headphones present a similar tonality across the spectrum but I found one song that demonstrated a clear difference between the two models capabilities.

Bowers & Wilkins Px8 Review & Px7 S2 Comparison: Which One's Right For You?
View attachment 61841

Thank you, I appreciate you for sharing. I want to search about Bowers & Wilkins Px8 Review & Px7 S2 Comparison and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. When I was searching for it online, I also discovered https://customwriting.com/buy-research-paper website through which I can buy a research paper and now I won't take a lot of time to complete my assignments.
Thank you, I appreciate you for sharing :)

Edit: I have bought PX8 and I really love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis