Monolith M1000: Dirac in a Budget Wireless Headphones

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I had a chance to spend some time with Monoprice's newest Monolith Bluetooth headphones, the M1000, but the cool kids just call it the "1K". As a $130 headphone, for its intended use-case, they really hit the mark. That specific use-cases are these:

1/ You want cheaper headphones for travel w/ Active Noise Cancellation.
Sometimes you don't feel comfortable loading a pair of $1K or more headphones w/ your DAC/Amp into a suitcase or a carry-on bag for a flight. Who knows, you may end up at a sketchy hotel/motel somewhere. ANC in a budget headphone can be a difficult combination to find.
2/ You use an Android Phone. Required
These headphones use the SBC Bluetooth codec only. Apple iOS need not apply.
3/ Dirac Virtuo.
You may even be curious about what the audio engineers over in Uppsala, Sweden at the Dirac labs have cooked up and how it might perform in a lower-cost headphone. Fun fact, the town where Dirac is headquartered is prominently featured in the show Vikings: Valhalla.

If you're interested and meet any or all of these conditions, the M1000 is something you should consider. The M1000 is a truly remarkable headphone and I'm impressed with the audio technology and wearable comfort they've packed into these at the price. Monolith products have been price/performance killing it lately. Full disclosure, I lied about the kids calling them "1K", okay. Nobody calls it that, I just made it up. I have no idea what cool kids call anything. But if you'd like to learn more about these headphones, check out the article below.

Monolith M1000ANC Review: Dirac Virtuo 3D-Sound in a Budget Bluetooth Headphone
monolith-m1000.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had a chance to spend some time with Monoprice's newest Monolith Bluetooth headphones, the M1000, but the cool kids just call it the "1K". As a $130 headphone, for its intended use-case, they really hit the mark. That specific use-cases are these:

1/ You want cheaper headphones for travel w/ Active Noise Cancellation.
Sometimes you don't feel comfortable loading a pair of $1K or more headphones w/ your DAC/Amp into a suitcase or a carry-on bag for a flight. Who knows, you may end up at a sketchy hotel/motel somewhere. ANC in a budget headphone can be a difficult combination to find.
2/ You use an Android Phone. Required
These headphones use the SBC Bluetooth codec only. Apple iOS need not apply.
3/ Dirac Virtuo.
You may even be curious about what the audio engineers over in Uppsala, Sweden at the Dirac labs have cooked up and how it might perform in a lower-cost headphone. Fun fact, the town where Dirac is headquartered is prominently featured in the show Vikings: Valhalla.

If you're interested and meet any or all of these conditions, the M1000 is something you should consider. The M1000 is a truly remarkable headphone and I'm impressed with the audio technology and wearable comfort they've packed into these at the price. Monolith products have been price/performance killing it lately. Full disclosure, I lied about the kids calling them "1K", okay. Nobody calls it that, I just made it up. I have no idea what cool kids call anything. But if you'd like to learn more about these headphones, check out the article below.

Monolith M1000ANC Review: Dirac Virtuo 3D-Sound in a Budget Bluetooth Headphone
View attachment 56254
Thanks for the heads up I love a good pair of headphones!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis