Best Loudspeakers of AXPONA 2022 Show Report

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
After a two-and-a-half-year hiatus, Audio Expo North America, better known as AXPONA, is back. Audio trade shows were gone for so long that they felt like a product of a bygone era, especially with the end of the venerable Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. However, with this year’s resumption of the Florida Audio Expo, Montreal Audio Fest, and now AXPONA, it looks as if the trade show element of the audio hobby is back, and not a moment too soon. While hi-fi audio is a relatively solitary hobby, it is always good to socialize with like-minded enthusiasts face-to-face once in a while, and trade shows are a great outlet toward that end. With the return of so many familiar brands and faces and with such a smooth and successful show, AXPONA resumed as though there had never been such a lengthy interruption. Read our coverage of the highlights from AXPONA's return...

READ: Highlights of AXPONA 2022

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m hoping the CAS returns this year. Much smaller, but it was fun.
Great article Shady! Do you guys have more follow ups in the works? :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I’m hoping the CAS returns this year. Much smaller, but it was fun.
Great article Shady! Do you guys have more follow ups in the works? :D
No more in the works, sorry. Too busy with other stuff to go into much depth in AXPONA.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Curiosity follow up… any word on new gear from denon and Marantz? :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Fall release normally. Not so likely they would show them this early.
there's been scuttlebutt that they would release early this year after taking last year off. Also that they might take a second year off...
*shrugs
I know the Denons announced in June for the x700 series and July for the x600.
I'm just eager and impatient to see what the future holds for D&M getting back in the marjet with hopefully working and fully operational gear.
:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Supply chain issues are not fully resolved. I would expect many manufacturers to have delays or make design changes to utilize available parts. Sony did this with the PS5 and then couldn't get the new parts...lol.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Supply chain issues are not fully resolved. I would expect many manufacturers to have delays or make design changes to utilize available parts. Sony did this with the PS5 and then couldn't get the new parts...lol.
Oh, I know. ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it’s really super helpful when diesel is totally Fukkin stoopid. Just filled my straight truck. $5.19gal.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it’s really super helpful when diesel is totally Fukkin stoopid. Just filled my straight truck. $5.19gal.
That high for Diesel? Sounds like it is. Could be worse, it was $83 for mine on 91, had a few family things over the weekend and used it all, so $160 in 3 days. Your tank is much larger I am sure. That is ~14 gal for me.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That high for Diesel? Sounds like it is. Could be worse, it was $83 for mine on 91, had a few family things over the weekend and used it all, so $160 in 3 days. Your tank is much larger I am sure. That is ~14 gal for me.
Yes. It has two 50gal tanks. Luckily my pickup only has about a 30gal tank. We were hovering around 4.99 for awhile then boom!
It’s hard when you’re self employed driving a commercial truck. Drivers wanna drive, but damn…

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
the best speakers were, bar none, the new salk bepure's. how good? i bought them.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. That’s sayin something…lol

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Indeed, from the organizers no less. Doesn't say much for Axpona.
That award doesn't look like it's from the organizers. Looks like it's from AV Showrooms who will always go for the system with the most bling.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis