New Active DSP Speakers Rixos by Anthony Grimani

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Grimani Systems, cofounded by respected home theater expert Anthony Grimani, has launched two new high-performance on-wall/in-wall speakers. The Rixos-L ($8,200 each) is the new flagship of the company’s slim Rixos series, while the Rixos-H ($3,900 and up) is a horizontal center-channel speaker that can be custom-built to match the width of a TV. Both are active, DSP-controlled speakers that utilize Grimani Systems’ signature Conic Section Array Waveguide.

Because we have such powerful DSP built into our speaker, we can optimize our drivers for low distortion, high efficiency, and power handling, and not concern ourselves so much with box tuning and frequency response. We have all the signal processing we need to linearize the drivers’ response while keeping the size of the cabinet down. Ultra low distortion, ultra linear frequency response, high efficiency, and high power handling give Grimani Systems loudspeakers unrivaled clarity and naturalness of sound with all the dynamic punch you could ask for.
— Grimani Systems

grimani.jpg

Read:
Rixos Speakers by Grimani Overview

G

genesplitter

Audiophyte
Ever since buying an active DIY speaker kit from Siegfried Linkwitz (inventor of the LR2 12 db/octave crossover) which incorporated an active crossover for a 2-way speaker system, I've been a huge fan of active crossover speakers. Later Andrew Jones created a line of Elac speakers (Navis) that also had active crossovers, although Andrew's includes built-in amps as this is a commercial product instead of a DIY kit. Kevin Voecks of Harman is another huge proponent of active is better than passive, however Harman seems unconvinced that audiophiles would accept an active speaker design. I'd love to upgrade my modest passive speakers with a high performance "DIY Rixos" inspired kit, especially my in-wall and in-ceiling speakers which Rixos is particularly well suited for. Maybe Anthony would be willing to sell a kit to Audioholic's members who are more technical than the average audio consumer. The kit could be as simple as a pdf that included the part numbers for the drivers and which supplier to buy from, plans for the speaker box, and biquad filters for a miniDSP. I assume the tweeter lens is the only physical item that would need to be included as it's so integral to his design.

Last edited:
K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
Those woofers look VERY much like some Faital Pro drivers I saw on Parts express!

Would a speaker of this price, actually use woofers such as those?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis