M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
If anyone is interested, I have posted a link below to the list of exhibitors who have pulled out of doing CEDIA 2021 as of 08/18/2021. Looks like the show might end up being canceled. Lots of the big dogs have decided not to go.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I can't even imagine wanting to go to CEDIA with those big names that are no longer attending the event. Half the point in going is to see the new products which are being released by these manufacturers and to talk to them about the products, etc. There are always some new surprises from the big guys, and the smaller companies often have some unique options that come out.

I haven't been in years, but would love to attend another one of these.

Also, I suppose the fact that companies like Yamaha can't provide their distributors with any product at all, and haven't been able to for the entire year is a real issue. Crestron hasn't been able to deliver new product to dealers as well due to the global chip shortages. It's kind of crazy out there right now.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
CEDIA is a bit outa my league, but after attending the '19 CA Audio Show, I would really like to check out one of bigger shows like AXPONA or Rocky Mountain...
But until things get un-borked in terms of availability of new product, ability to advance new designs (R&D), and... oh yeah, the ability to trust that massing so many people into a convention space won't lead to more health and safety issues than its worth.
It really seems, sadly, we aren't there yet: pushing forward like none of this is happening simply isn't working right now. :(

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I didn't write this but agree with many of Jerry's points. Sad to see the state CEDIA is in right now and hope we can get back to "normal" in 2022.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't write this but agree with many of Jerry's points. Sad to see the state CEDIA is in right now and hope we can get back to "normal" in 2022.

I know somebody will complain about his message, but for once... It won't be me! I agree, as I stated above. Good article, Jerry.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In related news, AXPONA has just been postponed from October 2021 to April 22-24, 2022. The problem is, there is no assurance that this pandemic will be over by then, thanks to all the dumbasses who won't socially distance, vaccinate, or do anything to slow the spread of COVID-19. This pandemic didn't have to last this long.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
In related news, AXPONA has just been postponed from October 2021 to April 22-24, 2022. The problem is, there is no assurance that this pandemic will be over by then, thanks to all the dumbasses who won't socially distance, vaccinate, or do anything to slow the spread of COVID-19. This pandemic didn't have to last this long.
Yes, the disappointments continue. Although at the known start of this pandemic I took a relatively pessimistic view of the situation, it has turned out to be worse than I thought. The big problem has been the development of variant strains. This in itself has not been unexpected. However the development of more infectious strains was to be expected. However with the Delta strain we have a mutant strain much more infectious and I think has to be now considered as more virulent. In fact if it were not for improved treatment, then the increased virulence would have been even more apparent.

As I stated in a post on the Coronavirus thread, it is now apparent that life will not return to its pre pandemic state anytime soon, if ever.
I agree with Sir Andrew Pollard's recent assessment he gave to a cross parliamentary group of MPs. Because of the transmissibility of the Delta variant, herd immunity is now mathematically impossible. Further the appearance of a variant with vaccine escape is far more likely than not.

It is not just your so called 'dumbasses' causing the problem, though they are. The bigger issue is the low percentage of the world population unvaccinated. That is the true elephant in the room. Now the evidence is overwhelming that these vaccines need boosting at frequencies of less than a year, complicates the situation enormously.

So the urgent problem is massively increasing world wide production of good vaccines, and not poor ones, like these Chinese atrocities, which are hazardous to world health and an open invitation to vaccine resistance.

D

deanamurphy

Audiophyte
CEDIA should absolutely be cancelled. Just a small typo in the article. mNRA should read mRNA. Keep safe everyone. I've been in Government mandated COVID lockdown for more than 8 weeks now. Thankfully I can work from home.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, the disappointments continue. Although at the known start of this pandemic I took a relatively pessimistic view of the situation, it has turned out to be worse than I thought. The big problem has been the development of variant strains. This in itself has not been unexpected. However the development of more infectious strains was to be expected. However with the Delta strain we have a mutant strain much more infectious and I think has to be now considered as more virulent. In fact if it were not for improved treatment, then the increased virulence would have been even more apparent.

As I stated in a post on the Coronavirus thread, it is now apparent that life will not return to its pre pandemic state anytime soon, if ever.
I agree with Sir Andrew Pollard's recent assessment he gave to a cross parliamentary group of MPs. Because of the transmissibility of the Delta variant, herd immunity is now mathematically impossible. Further the appearance of a variant with vaccine escape is far more likely than not.

It is not just your so called 'dumbasses' causing the problem, though they are. The bigger issue is the low percentage of the world population unvaccinated. That is the true elephant in the room. Now the evidence is overwhelming that these vaccines need boosting at frequencies of less than a year, complicates the situation enormously.

So the urgent problem is massively increasing world wide production of good vaccines, and not poor ones, like these Chinese atrocities, which are hazardous to world health and an open invitation to vaccine resistance.
YES thank you for talking about it.

Is our issue of non vaccination in the U.S an issue? Yes it is but even if we vaccinate perfectly it won't matter if poorer countries can't get vaccinated as well. Covid will just run rampant and as you said increase the odds of a more deadly variant one that can beat the vaccines coming into dominance

Does that mean we shouldn't vaccinate of course not.

But it means we need to think of getting these other countries up to speed as well otherwise the problem is at high risk to keep repeating thank you for pointing this out

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As far as Cedia canceling you better believe it was a good call for people to pull out.

This Delta variant is everywhere we have so many staff out with it right now and patients positive on our civilian side its crazy. And most of our staff are vaccinated. Psych patients I can understand at least they don't have the clarity to take proper precautions especially coming in so acute.

As far as casting blame I'm getting ambivalent about it. In learning about things like the Spanish flu and other situations one thing stands out In history. For whatever reason there are always parts of the population that don't want to comply with distancing, vaccines they don't want to comply with any of it.

Starting to believe that's almost as unavoidable as Covid getting eradicated right now

Big-Q

Big-Q

Junior Audioholic
I think a person should do what they feel is best for them. This means taking personal responsibility for yourself. The real problem is emotional "knee-jerk" reactions on both sides of the issue. COVID-19 policy has been one emotional blunder after another. The idea COVID-19 is going away is delusional. It will always be with us. So the real question is when do we start living again? Thank God COVID-19 is 99% survivable. Thank God most who get it get over it without issue. Thank God there is a vaccine that anyone can get that gives pretty darn good resistance to the virus. Thank God this virus does not take the young and healthy. If the big guns are not going to be at the show, there is no point having it. As for me, I have been vaccinated and plan to be in Italy in mid-October enjoying life on a vacation that was scrapped last October. For you, do whatever you think is best. I know none of us is getting out alive, so I will make some great memories while I can. Cheers!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think a person should do what they feel is best for them. This means taking personal responsibility for yourself. The real problem is emotional "knee-jerk" reactions on both sides of the issue. COVID-19 policy has been one emotional blunder after another. The idea COVID-19 is going away is delusional. It will always be with us. So the real question is when do we start living again? Thank God COVID-19 is 99% survivable. Thank God most who get it get over it without issue. Thank God there is a vaccine that anyone can get that gives pretty darn good resistance to the virus. Thank God this virus does not take the young and healthy. If the big guns are not going to be at the show, there is no point having it. As for me, I have been vaccinated and plan to be in Italy in mid-October enjoying life on a vacation that was scrapped last October. For you, do whatever you think is best. I know none of us is getting out alive, so I will make some great memories while I can. Cheers!
Well a lot to unpack there but for the most part I agree. Even when the poop was really hitting the fan and 7000 people a week were dying, 28,000 a month I got why people were freaked out and we went overboard. I think we made mistakes but they were made with good intentions. At that time we didn't know crap about this thing and had no clue how to treat it.
Now with vaccines and knowing better ways to treat it we can't overreact. Cases do not matter, hospitalizations and death do. We obviously accept a certain amount of death from the flu every season.
Before you flip out, Covid is not the flu for several reasons. Covid is WAY more transmissible and the flu has a season, Covid just keeps on going.
I'm saying in terms of death we accept a certain amount from the flu and don't shut down over it.
The truly sad part is we have excellent vaccines that people are refusing because in their mind it hasn't been "tested enough" but they will go out and take sheep deworming medicine not intended for humans or for Covid more importantly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

kantoliving

kantoliving

Enthusiast
I'm wondering what's going to happen with RMAF - it's coming up soon as well.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That's an understatement. It's not gone for this year. It's gone for good.

I was looking forward to that... :(
:oops:o_O:(
oh d@mn.
I was thinking of checking that out perhaps next year.

The times they are a changin’

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
:oops:o_O:(
oh d@mn.
I was thinking of checking that out perhaps next year.

The times they are a changin’
I'm getting increasingly unhappy with the fact that things keep getting canceled because of COVID. We could have had this handled by now.

Guess I'll just have to bug all you people more to keep me sane.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm getting increasingly unhappy with the fact that things keep getting canceled because of COVID. We could have had this handled by now.

Guess I'll just have to bug all you people more to keep me sane.
Of some of the options on who could "bug us more..."
I'll take it. ;)

Oh, and yes, we should be much further past this stupid cr@p than we are.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Of some of the options on who could "bug us more..."
I'll take it. ;)

Oh, and yes, we should be much further past this stupid cr@p than we are.
Besides JVC dropping new projectors, does anybody know about any other big news from other manufacturers that would've been shown at Cedia?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Besides JVC dropping new projectors, does anybody know about any other big news from other manufacturers that would've been shown at Cedia?
Well I know there are speaker companies planning on making some moves. RBH has new items to roll out Gene was going to post a video on there new towers but that got cancelled

I just think Covid has slowed them and other companies down on there timeliness

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis