Audioholics' Top Six $700/Pair Bookshelf Speaker Picks for 2021

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In our series of articles which look at our top picks for products at specific price ranges, we now come to the bookshelf speakers in the $700 price point. In this selection, there is quite a bit of diversity in design type, so there is a bookshelf speaker here for everyone. Some are intended for home theater surround sound setups and some with a design focus for stereo reproduction, but most of these are versatile enough to be good for a range of applications. Our decision on what speakers to include was weighed by a multitude of factors, but our first and foremost criteria is performance. The speaker has to sound good above all. If it doesn’t perform well its most fundamental task, the rest is a moot point. We do weigh other factors though, like appearance, build quality, and customer support. Read our article to find out what we thought were some of the best bookshelf speakers are available right now for $700 a pair.

READ: Audioholics' Top Six $700/Pair Bookshelf Speaker Picks for 2021

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Wow, makes me wonder what else was on the list to be eliminated for these to be on top?

Very best,

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
All reviews are subjective and not anyone is better than the other.....within the same price range???

M

mns3dhm

Enthusiast
These roundups are great overviews of speakers for persons looking for a speaker in a specified price range. James Larson does a good job describing the sonic characteristics and design philosophy in each one. Would love to see Audioholics revisit flor standing speakers in the $3000 to $4000 range.

K

Kenneth Margulies

Audiophyte
Ok, let me try to think outside the box, so to speak. Does the Apple HomePod compete with these? At 2 for $600, I would think they would compare favorably given their high quality engineering. I have a pair and love them.

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There are so many in that price range it would be difficult to cover them all.

These roundups are great overviews of speakers for persons looking for a speaker in a specified price range. James Larson does a good job describing the sonic characteristics and design philosophy in each one. Would love to see Audioholics revisit flor standing speakers in the $3000 to $4000 range.
I'm currently researching in that price range. Would be nice. Hint, hint. ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ok, let me try to think outside the box, so to speak. Does the Apple HomePod compete with these? At 2 for $600, I would think they would compare favorably given their high quality engineering. I have a pair and love them.
The Apple Homepods have some serious engineering in them, but they won't challenge any of these speakers for the application of high-fidelity audio. Of course, the HomePods have more versatility than passive speakers, so a lot of people will find them more useful.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Shady, I will pass on to my bro-inlaw, he's in the market @ that price point I believe.

D

doctors11

Enthusiast
Any chance of reviewing the Arendal 1961 Bookshelf for a desktop set up? Hard to find reviews on this yet. Thanks!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any chance of reviewing the Arendal 1961 Bookshelf for a desktop set up? Hard to find reviews on this yet. Thanks!
No plans to review the 1961 at the moment. Would be interesting to review, though. There will be a review of an Arendal speaker in the future, however.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Your thorough review of the Hsu CCB-8s was instrumental and very helpful in my decision to buy them. Very satisfied with these speakers. Thank you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis