FTC to Kill Amplifier Rule: Help us Protect it by Feb 16th, 2021!

Should the FTC Amplifier Rule Stay Active?

• Yes. Let's hold manufacturers accountable with Truth in Power

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • Doesn't Matter. It's never been enforced anway.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • No. Let manufacturers boast claims to feed my fragile ego.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Attention citizens of these great United States of America! Your country needs YOU to speak out on behalf of consumers and the future of hi-fi audio. The Federal Trade Commission is presently reviewing its amplifier power ratings regulation, or "Amplifier Rule", and we need YOU to participate in the review with citizen public comment by February 16th, 2021 or we may lose this ruling forever.

In this article, Audioholics will show YOU how you can tell the FTC that we need to maintain and modernize stringent standards in manufacturer's published power ratings. Learn how YOU can help protect fellow Americans from false claims and dishonest marketing, and help the industry grow through honest reporting. Find out how YOU may even help update the Amplifier Rule to make it more relevant to today's popular multi-channel amps and receivers. You're just a click away from being one of the great Americans taking action on behalf of your great republic.

ftc-thumb.jpg

Read: FTC May Kill Amplifier Rule: Help Keep Consumer Protections in Place

Click here to leave your comment by February 16th, 2021: Trade Regulation Rule Relating to Power Output Claims for Amplifiers Utilized in Home Entertainment Products

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
I went to the FTC site and left them my thought: it's a bad idea.

Who or what is responsible for this proposed change?

S

SmCaudata

Audiophyte
I went to the FTC site and left them my thought: it's a bad idea.

Who or what is responsible for this proposed change?
No one. As the article indicates, they review regulations and standards about every 10 years or so. It is done so that out of date policies don't remain on the books. The downside is that it opens the door for special interests (read AV companies) to weigh in as well. I'd bet this review has been in the queue for months and/or years.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I also left the FTC my 2¢. Standard methods of power output ratings are necessary for buyers to know what they're getting.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Consumers don't matter to people who are so isolated from the outside world that they don't need to care. We're peons, they're 'special'.

highfigh

highfigh

It's also high time that people learned to see through the BS of marketing.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Done, comment submitted, thanks for the heads up Gene !

T

trochetier

Audioholic
May I suggest Audioholic generate answers with proper technical terms to each of the specific questions in the NPRM. for all of to use to comment.

highfigh

highfigh

Done. They may decide it's TLDR, but.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm only seeing 5 comments and mine isn't on there. I see gene's tho. Are they moderating the comments or something?

D

Dmac6419

Audiophyte
Attention citizens of these great United States of America! Your country needs YOU to speak out on behalf of consumers and the future of hi-fi audio. The Federal Trade Commission is presently reviewing its amplifier power ratings regulation, or "Amplifier Rule", and we need YOU to participate in the review with citizen public comment by February 16th, 2021 or we may lose this ruling forever.

In this article, Audioholics will show YOU how you can tell the FTC that we need to maintain and modernize stringent standards in manufacturer's published power ratings. Learn how YOU can help protect fellow Americans from false claims and dishonest marketing, and help the industry grow through honest reporting. Find out how YOU may even help update the Amplifier Rule to make it more relevant to today's popular multi-channel amps and receivers. You're just a click away from being one of the great Americans taking action on behalf of your great republic.

View attachment 44389

Read: FTC May Kill Amplifier Rule: Help Keep Consumer Protections in Place

Click here to leave your comment by February 16th, 2021: Trade Regulation Rule Relating to Power Output Claims for Amplifiers Utilized in Home Entertainment Products
Do honest reviews on equipment instead of glowing review,start testing and taking measurements of said equipment and post the numbers

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Is the rule enforced???

I hate to say it, but if the rule is not enforced, then it should go.

Either enforce the rule or remove the rule.

highfigh

highfigh

Is the rule enforced???

I hate to say it, but if the rule is not enforced, then it should go.

Either enforce the rule or remove the rule.
Or, shine a light on the manufacturers that don't abide by it and don't be quiet about it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've had that queued up all morning. I'll be watching it soon and make sure to give a thumbs up.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Do honest reviews on equipment instead of glowing review,start testing and taking measurements of said equipment and post the numbers
You must be new to the site to make a comment like that. We do what we can but our resources are limited.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You must be new to the site to make a comment like that. We do what we can but our resources are limited.
I was scratching my head wondering who that comment was directed at... striving to be objective as possible with tests and measurements is kinda what you guys do. Even at the expense of hurting the occasional feelings, lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis