Rotel 1572 Series Integrated Amplifier, Preamp, and CD Player Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
For over half a century audio manufacturer Rotel has been putting out award winning hi-fi components. Rotel's newest lineup of 15 series components was recently released and include an integrated amplifier, stereo preamp, and their newest CD player which processes digital signals up to 24-bits in length at sampling rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz. To see what Rotel has to offer with their new 15 series components, read on.

Read: Rotel 1572 Series Integrated Amplifier, Preamp, and CD Player Preview

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
120w all channels driven with 0.03 THD is respectable. With all these features this is something to go for. I had experience with older model that was 2ch no features, never had any problems and never had the impression it strives for some sonic signature. It lasted forever.

Sub-out, USB type B, still hanging in there with the phono which is also nice, DAC, enough digital in's... This is almost everything I looked for when I first came to these forums.

The looks are not to my liking but that's just completely subjective.

B

bluewizard

Audiophyte
Sweet amp, slightly more expensive than the RA-1570 that it replaced, but in addition to the standard and rather full compliment of Analog and Digital Inputs, it also has a Network Connection, though info from the manufacturer is pretty lean on that aspect, but I read that you can get full Network Audio Streaming if you use a 3rd Party Streaming Server and App (J.River or similar).

The only thing I don't like about my RA-1570 is the Volume Control, like all digital volume controls it is scaled funny. It comes on at 45 (on a linear scale of 100) and normal volume is around 70 for music and approaching 80 for movies. That's pretty high. That means there is a lot of volume in that last 20% to 30%.

But that is common of all Digital Volume Controls, they are not scaled to an Audio Taper like mechanical Analog Volume Controls.

http://rotel.com/en-gb/product/ra-1572

http://rotel.com/sites/default/files/product/infosheets/RA1572_InfoSheet.pdf

http://www.abt.com/product/114848/Rotel-Black-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier-RA1572BK-RA1572.html

Steve/bluewizard

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
120w all channels driven with 0.03 THD is respectable. With all these features this is something to go for. I had experience with older model that was 2ch no features, never had any problems and never had the impression it strives for some sonic signature. It lasted forever.

Sub-out, USB type B, still hanging in there with the phono which is also nice, DAC, enough digital in's... This is almost everything I looked for when I first came to these forums.

The looks are not to my liking but that's just completely subjective.
I'm not sure if that THD is for all channels driven, as well as I'm not sure the ACD test is 20hz to 20khz.

B

bluewizard

Audiophyte
I'm not sure if that THD is for all channels driven, as well as I'm not sure the ACD test is 20hz to 20khz.

From the Website -

Continuous Power Output: 120W/Ch (All channels driven, 8Ω)

From the Specs Sheet -

Continuous Power Output (20Hz – 20kHz, < 0.03%, 8 ohms): 120 watts/channel

From the body of the text -

"The power output, conservatively rated at a robust 120
watts per channel into 8 ohms, is substantial as it is a continuous
“both channels driven simultaneously” rating fully in keeping
with real-world requirements..."

I think that makes it pretty clear.

Steve/bluewizard

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I have to say I find it all too good myself. At maximum output to be at 0.03?? That would be crazy good.

I'd say it's a typo, perhaps 0.3...

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Still not clear. From the article it says both channels driven. From the spec sheet it doesn't state all channels driven, just says channels. I'm not knocking the product, just was pointing out. It would be incredibly if ACD was 120w with the low distortion numbers. From the body below it also states

both channels driven simultaneously” rating fully in keeping
with real-world requirements

So I'm still not sure..

From the Website -

From the Specs Sheet -

Steve/bluewizard

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
From the Website -

From the Specs Sheet -

Steve/bluewizard
As far as I am concerned, those specs are great and better numbers would most likely make no difference to humans with normal hearing. One can say the same about the higher mid range AVRs (my AVR-4308 did almost 190 WX2 at the same 0.03% THD+N) though. Aside from that, I find the modern Rotel gear ugly, but that's 100% subjective.:D I do still own one, but don't find them an attractive option any more.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Their CD players continue the tradition of excellent performance for the $$

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, with a good universal Blu-ray player, most audiophiles don't need to have a separate CD player which won't play SACDs, DVD-As and won't perform any better and costs as much or more than a good OPPO player.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, with a good universal Blu-ray player, most audiophiles don't need to have a separate CD player which won't play SACDs, DVD-As and won't perform any better and costs as much or more than a good OPPO player.
I hear 'ya, I have an Oppo 205 in my HT set up and it's a winner, when and if my Cary 306 dies in my 2 ch rig I would probably replace it with another Oppo !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis